Gibson Brands Forums

Maybe a silly question but AMP/Pedal help is needed

swleary

I got the Marshall MA50C this past week. Today I went out and got a Boss Mega Distortion(for death metal hehe), Super Chorus and Digital Delay pedals. Would it be wise to run them with the effects loop on the amp or direct in? First all tube amp so I'm lost..thank you in advance.

Guest FarnsBarns

I got the Marshall MA50C this past week. Today I went out and got a Boss Mega Distortion(for death metal hehe), Super Chorus and Digital Delay pedals. Would it be wise to run them with the effects loop on the amp or direct in? First all tube amp so I'm lost..thank you in advance.

Depends what you want. The loop allows you to mix with the pure signal. It also puts the effects after the preamp. Do some experiments.

Run the distortion straight in and experiment with putting the chorus and delay in or out of the effects loop. Do whatever sounds best to you. People generally recommend putting your chorus and delay in the loop.

As for signal chain, I'd go distortion > chorus > delay.

Run the distortion straight in and experiment with putting the chorus and delay in or out of the effects loop. Do whatever sounds best to you. People generally recommend putting your chorus and delay in the loop.

As for signal chain, I'd go distortion > chorus > delay.

This.

I put everything into the front of the amp, but you might find something else works better you.

I don't play teh br00talz [biggrin]

oh you put "inch" in there you sly one..too funny

IMO I love Boss pedals, always have..they get the job done and that's been a 24 year and counting relationship.....older than you Fuzzy lol

Its ok. Agree to disagree. I'm gonna be eating delicious ribs that will melt in my mouth in about two hours and freaking out on some fuzz filled goodness, and I love that. At least you found something you like that's non alcoholic [thumbup]

Anyone who says that probably hasn't tried any really good pedals (not trying to be a **** or anything) but I don't really care if you like it then that's totally cool for you.

It's kinda like saying Honda makes the best cars in the world. They're pretty ubiquitous and reliable but.. You know.

Anyone who says that probably hasn't tried any really good pedals (not trying to be a **** or anything) but I don't really care if you like it then that's totally cool for you.

It's kinda like saying Honda makes the best cars in the world. They're pretty ubiquitous and reliable but.. You know.

oh i agree 100%, all down to personal opinion B)

Its ok. Agree to disagree. I'm gonna be eating delicious ribs that will melt in my mouth in about two hours and freaking out on some fuzz filled goodness, and I love that. At least you found something you like that's non alcoholic [thumbup]

Actually Fuzzy,I hardly drink at all. Only a beer or two a week if I'm lucky. Type 1 diabetic for 33 years kinda gets in the way lol

Archived