Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Special I's (not Special II's) $149 US

BlueEpiphone

Nice little guitar actually ... great neck and fretboard AND ... only $99.99 for the Memorial Day weekend. That means one day left at that price if you're interested. I don't think you could score a set of pickups this nice for $100!

Jim

I picked up the Worn Cherry Special at GC last Monday for $99 as I couldn't pass it up for the price. The build and finish is excellent. Not a mfg flaw.

I'm used to a little lighter set of strings and the action is just alittle to high but I think the bridge can be lowered some. I haven't compare the string height to the recommendations in the manual yet. The low E is the only string I'm getting fret buzz and that is only when I release slowly.

It looks nice next to the Thunderbird Pro 4. :)

Greg

Congrats, Greg ... and welcome to the forum!

We got in four of each color at my store (Black, Cherry and TV Yellow) and sold all 12 of them over the Memorial Day Weekend. Really sweet little guitars at that price ... they are "Plain Jane" for sure, but the pup's in these things are great! I was also quite impressed at the quality and finish of the neck and fretboard ... not a jagged fret end to be found on any of them.

If what I'm seeing is accurate, the regular price on these should be $129 ... that's IF we get them in again! Sometimes these "special runs" are a one-shot deal ...

Nice score for you, buddy!

Jim

Archived