Gibson Brands Forums

Backward effect.

LarryUK

Guest FarnsBarns

What do you use for this effect?

I have a little Zoom modeller. It has a preset called reverse, I assume this i the kind of thing you mean. It seems to be an auto volume swell which kills the attack but ramps up the decay creating the illusion of backwardsness (Yeah, I like to make up at least one word per day).

My Line6 POD had this feature as an effect and I believe the BOSS GT-8 and GT-10 do aswell.

Looks like Danelectro has one as well, scroll down on this site.

Reverse Effect Pedal

Be awesome for stoner rock combined with a little fuzz or an octave/fuzz can see the hippies going nuts in my mind now!

Chanman I think it's the DD-7 I checked one out at GC one day and I played with the reverse a bit. I might be wrong though.

It's definately easier to use than the SMMH and I think the regular delay sounds a bit better. The SMMH is crazy though it's more suited for peeps like me. I recommend the DD-7 for chu. I give the DD-7 a thumbs up. It's a pretty sweet pedal.

Easy to do in the studio, edit the sound bite... Highlight the desired portion and click on reverse audio... In the old days mark the tape at start and finish of the section with a grease pencil, cut the tape, reverse it and splice it back together... That was always fun [thumbup]

I guess you mean for live though... :rolleyes:

I tend to use the anaolg delay on my DD-7 more often than not. I also like the looping feature :)

/sigh

I checked the specs, both the 6 and 7 have reverse.... so that's the 5,6 and 7 now LOL!

Glad we could clear that up for you :D

With lots of practice you can approximate a backwards guitar effect with a volume pedal.It's difficult because your instinct is to press down on the pedal with your pick attack,so the trick is to alter your timing in such a way that you raise your volume a split second after you pick-tricky stuff but it sounds very convincing when conquered.

Roy Buchanan wast a master of the backwards effect by using his little finger on his Tele's volume control.

Archived