Gibson Brands Forums

Photobucket is now unlimited

Never used photobucket or such stuff.

I try to keep my material backed up on a batch of external HDs.

I know I sound old fashioned, but there's something about giving up my photos that has a bit of a history of it being misused by competing firms or even publications to illustrate something contrary to what the photo depicted.

Nothing "bad" in a sense, because the photos were material that was GP rated by any definition, as is pretty much all my stuff. But...

("Pretty much all my stuff," except perhaps some published and nonpublished photos from the rally at Sturgis. <grin> Still, nothing more "nasty" than some material shown on this forum.)

m

Some view PhotoBucket and the like, as well as SnapFish and the like as their primary storage for photos and other media. This is a dangerous plan, if you intend to retain control of your own photos.

The storage is unlimited now, but the bandwidth is not - meaning that the more photos you upload/store and the more people view those pics, the faster you will run out of bandwidth...unless you pay for a pro account. Unlimited storage is kind of useless without the bandwidth to match.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

I have about 45TB of space on the private network of servers I lease for business so I can offer to host images for anyone of you good peops for use on this forum. As always, bandwidth is the real issue so I would say again, for use on this forum. Drop me a PM if it'll be useful.

I have about 45TB of space on the private network of servers I lease for business so I can offer to host images for anyone of you good peops for use on this forum. As always, bandwidth is the real issue so I would say again, for use on this forum. Drop me a PM if it'll be useful.

Thats a generous offer, but I'd be careful. The images are still susceptible to hotlinking and will show up on image searches...not to mention the massive amounts of hits this forum gets from both lurking members and non-members alike. I tend to be careful with how many images I link to the forum from my web host. It really chips away at the bandwidth.

Bah, could care less who looks at my photos. If some guy takes my guitar pics and call them his own, well id be flattered then.

There is that one pic of you playing an EMG equipped guitar.........[flapper][crying] :unsure: [scared] ...

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Thats a generous offer, but I'd be careful. The images are still susceptible to hotlinking and will show up on image searches...not to mention the massive amounts of hits this forum gets from both lurking members and non-members alike. I tend to be careful with how many images I link to the forum from my web host. It really chips away at the bandwidth.

Noted,

If my provider ever comes to me about bandwidth there'll be a row. I have about 90 servers in a private network within their datacentre

Archived