Gibson Brands Forums

It's been a good week...

chase1410

254458_2081744851173_1471628963_2361239_6268470_n.jpg

251295_2081735490939_1471628963_2361234_3642742_n.jpg

252474_2081735330935_1471628963_2361232_10955_n.jpg

After 6 weeks of waiting for my Freekish Blues Alpha Drive, it has finally come and with it I have for now finally completed my pedalboard, and now starting on a smaller one with the pedals that aren't on my original board.. :rolleyes:

The Alpha Drive, is smoothest, most natural "Amp Break-Up" overdriven sounds I've ever heard...I'm an OD fanatic and it blows me away...It supposed to be a Dumble clone..but how many of us have really tried a Dumble before...? Anyways, originally it was only supposed to be 3-4 week wait time, but they got some bombarded they fell behind..Ken Abate is one of the nicest guys I've dealt with, and assured me every step of the way..If any one of you are in search of an INCREDIBLE OD, please don't hesitate from the Alpha Drive..

Here's a review by Brett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWvIjE24Ns

I also recieved my Fender SuperSonic 22 yesterday, witch was a pleasant surprise...Although it doesn't handle pedals quite as well as my HRDX, the Vintage and Burn channels of the SS completely make up for it...I'm extremely satisfied with it, and the Burn channel completely exceeded my expectations as well as the clean channel, witch was just as deep and clean as the DRRI I returned it for..I also received my Strymon El Capistan and Favorite switch, for the main reason, that I just recently found out thanks to Dub that it's a GREAT looper..witch really helps my playing, and gives me a different perspective...I've spent a TON of money recently, but I'm really satisfied how things turned out...I just got home, from my guitar tech and he slapped in an original 0.22uf BumbleBee Cap in my SliverBurst Explorer, so it's just been an excellent day...It's time to enjoy some great new equipment!

Completed pedalboard? for the time being you mean?

That is an incredible sounding OD...dang.

Nice amp too, never tried one myself but I saw a guy rockin' on one of them at a store a while back.

Completed pedalboard? for the time being you mean?

That is an incredible sounding OD...dang.

Nice amp too, never tried one myself but I saw a guy rockin' on one of them at a store a while back.

Yea for the moment being.... :rolleyes:

The Super Sonic was a very nice surprise..I really dig the oldschool blonde/oxblood tolex.

Awesome! That amp looks sweet. I've always wanted to try one of those.

I don't care about Dumbles and I don't play blues but that OD sounds pretty awesome if you're into that kinda thing. I liked the volume cleanup in that demo.

Glad I could turn you on to the El Cap. I looove that pedal. We should exchange some clips of loops. I really want to hear what you're doin with yours. I have a T1M favorite switch for my El Cap but it doesn't work.

Awesome! That amp looks sweet. I've always wanted to try one of those.

I don't care about Dumbles and I don't play blues but that OD sounds pretty awesome if you're into that kinda thing. I liked the volume cleanup in that demo.

Glad I could turn you on to the El Cap. I looove that pedal. We should exchange some clips of loops. I really want to hear what you're doin with yours. I have a T1M favorite switch for my El Cap but it doesn't work.

Never really heard a Dumble to compare too, but yea I'm a bluesy, rock kinda guy...by I also like my early heavy-rock, early metal stuff as well...But this OD just nails what I'm after..I'm still trying to get used to the El Cap and figure out all that it has to offer..The favorite switch just got in today, and I haven't really messed with it yet..Any idea if you can save the loop setting to the Favorite Dub?

You can save the settings for sound on sound mode with the favorite switch but you can't save the loop itself.

Not to sound cocky or anything but if you need any help with it ask me I have pretty much mastered this pedal. I have just had it for a while and I've spent a ridiculous amount of time playing with it and figuring it out.

My #1 tip for looping is to set the repeats knob at 3 o'clock instead of all the way up.

Your new OD pedal sounds ace. Love too how it cleans up when you roll the volume back.

But that video gave me a headache. For ****'s sake, turn off the delay! Let's hear the pedal on its own.

Archived