Gibson Brands Forums

My wife can never complain again

Enmitygauged

I bought my Les Paul Push Tone for $1500... $1240 to $1300 once I sell the amp that came with it. My wife said she didn't want to hear me say we couldn't afford things she wanted to do in with the house... I didn't say a word about the rain gutters because they needed to be replaced for some time, and I wasn't going to say anything about replacing the railing on the front step, which is bent, but still functional after a sheet of ice fell off the roof this winter; but then...

...one mini split AC system and $6000 later, I said no more... we're tapped out until the AC is paid.

All in all, my $1500 guitar cost me an additional $7000 in home reno's that were not planned until next year (at least as far as I was concerned) and repairs that I intended to do this summer, not last month in the middle of the rainy season.

Next time I buy a guitar, I'm going to wait until she goes on another shopping spree for designer purses. It's much cheaper that way. She's only got enough purses to have a different one each day of the week for 2 weeks. 4 more and I can justify another Les Paul or an SG

...of course I'd be happy just getting a Blackheart Little Giant.

When my wife went shopping she drops me off at the Guitar Center. She comes in an hour and a half later and sees me playing a new American Strat Deluxe and says "is that the one you want? Do you want me to buy that one for you?" You you should have see the looks from the other guys in the store! I told her no, I was really looking at the Gibson ES 339. Yesterday she calls me from a garage sale and tells me they have an acoustic guitar and if she should buy it for me. She is a keeper and an enabler.

Thanks John

damn, she sounds like a keeper... if you ever get bored and wanna trade, let me know! lol

kidding...I can't complain too much considering for the past 10 years I've stopped gigging and am a hobbyist who's got more money tied up in gear than when I was playing in a semi-professional capacity.

while my wife tries not to encourage me to get more gear; she tolerates it if she's recently spent a lot of money on things I dont' see as necessary or if I can show reason to believe that the gear in question could be sold for a profit a few years down the road. Basically now I look for guitars that have potential to be worth more than I paid for them in a few years time.

When my wife went shopping she drops me off at the Guitar Center. She comes in an hour and a half later and sees me playing a new American Strat Deluxe and says "is that the one you want? Do you want me to buy that one for you?" You you should have see the looks from the other guys in the store! I told her no, I was really looking at the Gibson ES 339. Yesterday she calls me from a garage sale and tells me they have an acoustic guitar and if she should buy it for me. She is a keeper and an enabler.

Thanks John

I suspect she is a bit like Mavis Leno when quizzed about her husbands massive car collection. She said she knew exactly what he spends his money on. She also said that SHE knows where her husband is on Saturday night; up to his elbows in parts cleaner.

I suspect she is a bit like Mavis Leno when quizzed about her husbands massive car collection. She said she knew exactly what he spends his money on. She also said that SHE knows where her husband is on Saturday night; up to his elbows in parts cleaner.

Last weekend one of the wifes mentioned that her husband had too many guitars. Another of the guys said her husband could have a variety of guitars or a variety of women....which would she choose?.......(she picked guitars).

My wife wasn't happy with my latest guitar acquisition, and said something like "then I can get another dog"... I said, "you already GOT another dog:....she said, "yeah...I guess you're right!"

Archived