Gibson Brands Forums

americans, our rappers are better than yours!

S t e v e

I'm not really into hip-hop and all, but it is appealing to the young people these days... And certainly I can understand why with type of rock n roll that is being offered by some of the young rock n rollers [thumbdn] .... there's just no charazma in today's rock [confused]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really into hip-hop and all, but it is appealing to the young people these days... And certainly I can understand why with type of rock n roll that is being offered by some of the young rock n rollers [thumbdn] .... there's just no charazma in today's rock [confused]

I agree! No emotion, feeling, or soul being put into today's rock. I'm especially disappointed with the current famous guitarists. Unfortunately it seems that the days of putting your heart and soul and speaking through your guitar are over. msp_sad.gif

They do it for the money now, not the music. dry.gif

Narrow minded,,shallow,old, Hmmm. Maybe I am all of the above.Some of this C -Rap I will say as far as writing and producing the beats and S*it are pretty good.My son writes and produces all of his own stuff,and not because he's my son i will admit some of it is pretty good. But to me the big difference is writing songs,lyrics,words makes you a writer.Putting beats together,tracks,backing music makes one somewhat of what the rap world refers to as a producer??? A musician to me is someone capable of many different things,maybe a guitarist,a drummer,bass player,piano,vocalist,etc.Capable of using there instrument to make music.I'm old school or just old to some at 44,but using machines for the backing music and talking words with maybe someone singing in the back is not a musician.That's just my opinion,opinions vary.Doesn't mean i'm right to you and that's ok by me.If you like it,,good for you,if I don't,maybe just say that's your business.It's all about personal preference,do your thing,I'll do mine.Not really a need to start name calling over opinons.

I'm not so sure I agree with the above.....Though I'm not into the hip hop stuff, it does require talent to put it all together. And producing a hip-hop jam no less pain staking than producing a rock track.

And really I blame the rockers of yesteryear for not bringing the new rock talent into the fraternity...I mean really, what young teenage girl wants to see a 40 year old wiggle his hips on stage [scared]

I'm not so sure I agree with the above.....Though I'm not into the hip hop stuff, it does require talent to put it all together. And producing a hip-hop jam no less pain staking than producing a rock track.

And really I blame the rockers of yesteryear for not bringing the new rock talent into the fraternity...I mean really, what young teenage girl wants to see a 40 year old wiggle his hips on stage [scared]

No offense,I agree it does take talent to write,put the beats together,and put it all down.Not saying anything about talent,in my opinion someone who writes is a writer.When you have a band live or in studio they are live,breathing people that plays an instrument....they are musicians.To me someone who takes,copies,samples tracks/beats is not a musician. just my opinion

No offense,I agree it does take talent to write,put the beats together,and put it all down.Not saying anything about talent,in my opinion someone who writes is a writer.When you have a band live or in studio they are live,breathing people that plays an instrument....they are musicians.To me someone who takes,copies,samples tracks/beats is not a musician. just my opinion

I'm not the final judge who or who is not talented, but apparently somebody that signed them to a record deal do, and they are cashing in on it..... [confused]

There were plenty of music purest back in the 50's and 60's that felt Elvis, Beatles and the Rolling Clones were utter untalented noise makers too....

Having better rappers isn't really a feather in anybody's cap it's no better than saying "We have better drunk drivers." or "We have better street gangs." Rap isn't true music as far as I'm concerned-sure there's a place for it but I don't think that it qualifies as a serious genre of music.Rap is no more music than the beat poetry was of the 50s when a poet would recite his works to the beat of a bongo player.Rap gets by,by using plagarized portions of music largely from other artists and the making of it just takes some basic editing skills.

Sure some of the poets are gifted and some even brilliant at turning a phrase but that still doesn't make it music. Frankly I find listening to rap and hip hop totally monotonous and if it ever comes on a radio or TV that I'm listening to I can't change the channel fast enough.

...I remember the last time I tried to discuss rap here.

There's good and bad rap, just like there's good and bad from everything. The reason why I choose to listen to rap and to take the good with the bad is so I can experience the good, not so I can make rash judgments based on just "a little bit of everything" and then lament the "current sad state of the music business." It's the same way I think of everything else. That's why I like Del tha Funky Homosapien but not Lil Wayne. Radio rap is pretty bad. There's good stuff to be found, though, if you look for it.

Archived