Gibson Brands Forums

deep purple - child in time live 1970 HD

S t e v e

Cool video!

Awesome. Just awesome.

Love Ritchie's playing and all of Mark II Deep Purple.

DP lost a lot when Ritchie left.

Actually I think Steve Mores is a far better guitar player than Ritchie and I'm a huge Blackmore fan. Live, Ritchie was one of the sloppiest players going. He's also insane which makes him a bit tricky to work with.

Actually I think Steve Mores is a far better guitar player than Ritchie and I'm a huge Blackmore fan. Live, Ritchie was one of the sloppiest players going. He's also insane which makes him a bit tricky to work with.

I don't mean to insult Steve Morse. I think he's swell and his technique is certainly better than Blackmore's. However, I will say that when I listen to contemporary live performances old DP material with Steve's perfect playing, I can't help but prefer Blackmore's artful sloppiness over Morse's technical grace. That's not to say that the songs recorded with Steve Morse on guitar would sound better with Blackmore--I think Steve owns those tracks and anyone less than him would do them injustice. It's simply that I'm absolutely in love wwith the Mark II studio recordings, and I guess more comfortable with them as played by Blackmore.

I do dig the Dixie Dregs, though:

I don't mean to insult Steve Morse. I think he's swell and his technique is certainly better than Blackmore's. However, I will say that when I listen to contemporary live performances old DP material with Steve's perfect playing, I can't help but prefer Blackmore's artful sloppiness over Morse's technical grace. That's not to say that the songs recorded with Steve Morse on guitar would sound better with Blackmore--I think Steve owns those tracks and anyone less than him would do them injustice. It's simply that I'm absolutely in love wwith the Mark II studio recordings, and I guess more comfortable with them as played by Blackmore.

agreed [thumbup]

Archived