Gibson Brands Forums

LP Ultra II ???

TxStrat

How does the NanoMag pickup sound? Does it really give you a decent acoustic guitar sound? I am not worried about the LP sound I am sure it can do that. I am playing at church a lot more these days and dont want to have to switch between an acoustic and an electric.

No,

the Ultra II has three volume knobs and one master tone at the front

I don't need a push/pull A-B switch, too

I just mix the nanomag to the HB sound.

Ah okay. I've never played either one, so wasn't quite sure how it all worked.

Being that I only own the original Ultra, the Ultra III is looking mighty tasty to me! I like the idea that Epi addressed the issue of two distinct pickups by including a switch to toggle between the Nanomag PUP, the standard PUPs and a mix of both.

The USB and tuner is no big deal to me, but is still pretty handy. I'm more excited by the upgraded Probuckers and that Midnight Sapphire finish they flashed at us a few weeks ago. Latest word on these is August ... which probably means some time before Christmas. [rolleyes]

I'm looking forward to hearing more about these ... I may just have to leap from I directly to III on this one!

Jim

Thanks for the feedback.....I didn't even know about the Ultra III. The USB out and tuner don't interest me that much, but the Probuckers and a toggle switch to control the pickups might definitely be worth the wait. I have a Masterbuilt DR500MCE with the NanoMag pickup that I really like. Does anyone else think it's a little strange that you can pre-order an Ultra III from ZZounds, but the Epi web site doesn't even mention it yet. It makes me wonder if it's actually going to be available in early Aug like the ZZounds web site says it is???

Apparently it will be coming with Guitar Rig software and that surprises me. I would have thought they would tie the release of the Ultra III to the release of Rocksmith since that seems to have a big tie-in to Epiphone guitars in the promos. http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/home/

With the built in USB connector, it would seem to be a perfect match.

I have an Ultra II but I'm seriously considering picking up an Ultra III just for the ease of switching between the various pup combinations. Plus I've always wanted a flametop but I wish it wasn't an rimburst.

Archived