Gibson Brands Forums

Wow...what a nice Epiphone on eBay.....

gypsyseven

The Tuners are higgelty pigelty and the jack plate is squint. However the logo is straight not angled which is consistent with mid 90s Korean Epis... but the font looks odd,.....Am i just being paranoid?

The Tuners are higgelty pigelty and the jack plate is squint. However the logo is straight not angled which is consistent with mid 90s Korean Epis... but the font looks odd,.....Am i just being paranoid?

as much as I like it, it has 4 issues

# the "Gibson" in the truss rod isn't centralised

# the tuners aren't straight like they should be.

# the back cover is a PERFECT diamond, not a standard epi cover

# the "Made in Korea" as far as I know was always a sticker never a stamp...

Here is the headstock on my 94 G400. I know i know, not the same guitar, but look at the shape and size of the headstock and the Position and font of the epiphone logo.

63799_1282953173542_1821480400_569360_4318720_n.jpg

44221_1282954613578_1821480400_569366_2196001_n.jpg

Mine has the printed "made in Korea".

It Has also either been really really really well looked after or is is Brand new. I have never seen an Epi this age that didn't have signs of wear and tear because people don't buy epis as investments, they get played and loved and buckle rashed, and show signs of wear and tear.

Gypsy, I am not a expert but I do feel some Dubiety about this guitar, there are usually some guys around here that can tell for sure, I thought some of them might have chipped in by now. Personally, I would steer clear just in case.

Archived