Gibson Brands Forums

Musicians Friend 80/20's?

Murph

I ordered 10 sets last Friday, because I figured if the World comes to an end, and the lights go out, I would at least be able to play my Gibson J45 Rosewood in the woods while I was waiting on the squirrels to cook on the open fire.

I've always used D'Addario but figured for 1.99 a set, I'd check em' out. 12's.

Who makes em', and have ya'll ever bought em'?

Best of luck.

Murph.

Hope they are good - 10 sets should last a while.

But hey - if they don't pan out, the wires would double as good snares to catch the critters to roast on the fire. Just don't sit playing too close to the fire, sunburst is one thing, but scorched is something else.....

Update.

They're Chinese. That's too bad, as I remember their branded strings used to be Made In U.S.A.

I'll try em' someday, they were almost free, I got 2; 10 packs/get two sets free Ernie Balls too, making for 24 sets of electric strings.

Murph.

Update.

They're Chinese. That's too bad' date=' as I remember their branded strings used to be Made In U.S.A.

I'll try em' someday, they were almost free, I got 2; 10 packs/get two sets free Ernie Balls too, making for 24 sets of electric strings.

Murph.[/quote']

Murph, Chinese squirrels? I'd like to remind everyone in this thread that squirrels mate for life and roasting them on an open fire is not helpful.

Next set of strings I'm going to try are the D'Addario EFT Flattops. I just special-ordered some in!

I had no idea squirrels mated for life.

They must be tired.

I should have guessed, but they used to be American, or so the old books said, and I was doing a huge string order for my new ES-339, and picks, ect., and needed another few bucks for free shipping. They'll get used I'm sure.

I've never used the Flattops, but like D'Addario quality.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Archived