Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone got a Schectet?

LarryUK

I've been looking at a used Schecter. It's based on a 006 model. Any good?

Is it the Stargazer? I like Schecters, if I were to pick something other than Gibson/Fender/Gretsch and something for probably heavier music, that would be my first choice. Just no EMGs

I've been looking at a used Schecter. It's based on a 006 model. Any good?

Not a bad guitar....I have a C-1 Classic. Since I bought the new 'Bird, I promised my wife I'd see the Schecter and Ovation 12-string.

Look like what you'd like?

Schecter-b.jpg

It's the Terry Corso sig. I just like the look of it. Since I came back to playing, the choice of gear is unbelievable.

So I bought-

An Aria Ta. Same as a 335. I like it a lot.

A Squire Showmaster with a Floyd Rose. I'm not so sure!

I sold my Strat in the 80's for my Les Paul pro deluxe.

An Ibanez sa160qm. The neck is great. But it feels a bit 'low spec'.

I've been buying them so I don't wast big money on the wrong choice. I will buy a Les Paul. But I stumbled across this Schecter. I think it'll be a good price. I'll see how it goes.

schecter.jpg

Both guitars look sweet. I really like the inlays on yours Rob. [thumbup]

Thanks.... I had to sell a bunch of my cousin's guitars when he got hurt. I sold that Schecter to a guy on ebay for $600, (with a hard-shell case).

When the guy got it, he said there was some overspray on the neck and didn't want it. I offered it to him for $200 if he'd just keep it.

He said no, so I took it back...and paid my cousin's trust fund the $200 I tried to sell it for.

It's a nice guitar, but I simply don't play it.

I prefer the acoustics and when I play electric, I like my Strat...so it sits.... and the wife is complaining about guitars in every crevice in the house......

Archived