Gibson Brands Forums

Epi 57 Junior

Elias Graves

I have a set-neck 57 RI (on right below):

P1020485.jpg

On the left is it's little brother, a bolt-on junior that had P94 in it at the time. The fixed wraparound bridge on the RI intonated better than the adjustable Leo Quan on the bolt-neck, not sure why. Also the body is solid mahogany, and slighty thicker, identical to the Gibby versions. Neck, frets, action, & tone are all very good, head and shoulders better than the bolt-on. Only complaint is the P90 sits too low for my tastes. Nothing that can't be fixed with a shim.

'57 RI's are very underated IMHO. Post some pics of the TVY when you get it EG.

YES! I own the twin. They are great for upgrading. Normally there are some problems with the stock instrunment--intonation, for one. I ended up adding two Lindy Fralins, a Tonepros wrap-around, bone nut, etc. Now it's a great all-around guitar. If the price is right, go for it and upgrade 'till your heart is content. Best of luck.

I had one, but I'm just not a P-90 guy. I did some mods to mine before I eventually sold it, changed out the pup, new tuners, new bridge, knobs. I use too many pedals and it was just too noisy for me. It did have a very nice playing neck though, but I don't miss it.

If you like P90s go for it.

Juniorwithmodsbasementfull.jpg

Archived