Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar on the way

davidl

Pulled the trigger on a new Taylor yesterday.

Not the top of the line but one I'm very pleased to have.

I had a hard time justifying spending much more than $1000 for a 6 string acoustic when I play electric 90% of the time.

Just have to wait for the brown truck now. 5 to 7 days apparently.

The only guitar I need to add now is a single coil.

I didn't expect to buy more than one guitar this year, but I'm up to 2 and its only July.

I'll try to wait a year before buying anything else. My marriage may depend on it. In truth, my wife has been telling me to get a good 6 string acoustic for a couple of months. She prefers them to electric unless I'm in a blues groove.

Dave

Good choice. I have a Taylor 110 and love the thing. The feel of the neck and ebony fretboard are very nice. Makes me want to play acoustic almost as much as plugging the SG and turning it up LOUD.

While I love Gibson electrics, I do not like the feel of most of their acoustics; specifically the Dove and Hummingbird. Kills me because both sound amazing. Fretboard is too wide and too flat for my stubby, fat fingers.

David, you need a Tele for your single coil!!

Good call on the Taylor...i'm like you...I play acoustic 10% of the time or less but its fun to bust it out!!!

I still have my eye on a American Deluxe Tele that my buddy has. He's holding onto it until he decides if he is going to buy either a Custom Shop Tele or LP Trad Pro.

I know...completely different ends of the spectrum but his choice.

Good choice. I have a Taylor 110 and love the thing. The feel of the neck and ebony fretboard are very nice. Makes me want to play acoustic almost as much as plugging the SG and turning it up LOUD.

While I love Gibson electrics, I do not like the feel of most of their acoustics; specifically the Dove and Hummingbird. Kills me because both sound amazing. Fretboard is too wide and too flat for my stubby, fat fingers.

Funny you say that. I did try a bunch of Gibson acoustics and Martins and they just didn't do it for me. While I love Gibson guitars, I have to go with what feels and sounds right to me.

Funny you say that. I did try a bunch of Gibson acoustics and Martins and they just didn't do it for me. While I love Gibson guitars, I have to go with what feels and sounds right to me.

Just so you know, Taylor's customer service is top notch. Had a warped neck problem with my 110 and they replaced it free of charge under warranty*. Had to call them later because they forgot a new truss rod cover (my old 2007 had the plastic three screw, new ones have the sexy rosewood two screw) and the rep on the phone was super nice too. If they do a road show in your home town I highly recommend going. Yeah, I'm gushing.

*It was a Guitar Center floor model, so I blame it on that.

Ahhhh . ha.

This is too long after the Guild 12 purchase.

A Taylor 210CE-G - nice.

That's quite a stable you building. B)

Looking forward to some pics.

Are you keeping tabs on me there BigK? :rolleyes:

I was thinking it was too soon after the Guild but it just happened that way.

If I keep this up I'll have to add another stall to the stable.

As it is I'm going to have to do a bit of a shuffle on my guitar wall. I have an extra hanger but have to figure out where to put it.

Tough dilemma isn't it?

I'll get pics up after I receive it. Probably not for a couple of weeks though. It will likely come in next week but I will be away from home for work until the following Saturday. [crying]

Dave

Archived