Gibson Brands Forums

Good price on new G400s for UK members

AlanH

Coincidence, mentioning Dawsons in a G400 thread- when I was in Dawsons in Stockport a couple of weeks ago I picked this up:

r_00087823.jpg

The colour is much closer to a good Pelham Blue than this picture suggests. It looks fantastic. I didn't like the feel of the neck, a bit thick for me.

"The Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with Maestro Pelham Blue is a limited edition Gibson SG replica with the unusual Pelham Blue finish, a finish that has recently become extremely sought after (and is only available as a limited edition)."

Coincidence, mentioning Dawsons in a G400 thread- when I was in Dawsons in Stockport a couple of weeks ago I picked this up:

Geeze, you kept that one under your hat, congrats Paul, looks a wonderful guitar for sure, HNGD mate.

Geeze, you kept that one under your hat, congrats Paul, looks a wonderful guitar for sure, HNGD mate.

Ahh... when I said I picked it up, I meant I picked it up... strummed a few chords, played a little blues lead and put it back down again. I really wanted to like it, it looks extremely cool, but the neck was not to my liking. I didn't buy it. But thanks for the congratulations, feels good... [biggrin]

I pre ordered the P90 Sg, but browsing Andertons, they seem to have some good deals on SG's. Maybe a few standard price but free cases or gig bags.

Vomer I want that SG I've been gassing for it for some time. 329 everywhere except guitarvillage.co.uk I think they have gone down to 299. Shame because I saw that after I ordered the P90. But another weeks work or maybe two and I might get it.

Ahh... when I said I picked it up, I meant I picked it up... strummed a few chords, played a little blues lead and put it back down again. I really wanted to like it, it looks extremely cool, but the neck was not to my liking. I didn't buy it. But thanks for the congratulations, feels good... [biggrin]

Just like me, going off prematurely again, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link just to add Guitar Guitar are also selling the G400 in worn cherry finish for an amazing price of only £199 delivered!! They seem to have ran out of stock today but it indicates they can order more in within a few days:

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=04042010471618

They also stock it in a worn brown finish at the same price, I have my eye on a worn cherry one hopefully sometime in the near future :)

Cheers

Thanks for the link just to add Guitar Guitar are also selling the G400 in worn cherry finish for an amazing price of only £199 delivered!! They seem to have ran out of stock today but it indicates they can order more in within a few days:

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=04042010471618

They also stock it in a worn brown finish at the same price, I have my eye on a worn cherry one hopefully sometime in the near future :)

Cheers

From the pics on the site, those worn models appear to have neck binding. Can anyone confirm this or they just older photos of the Vintage Faded series?

From the pics on the site, those worn models appear to have neck binding. Can anyone confirm this or they just older photos of the Vintage Faded series?

Hiya I think they look really nice with the binding and also appear to have Gibson written on the truss rod cover, are these old models as they are a fantastic price? Thanks please let me know as I am looking to potentially get one in the future, I think I prefer the look of the worn finish to the normal cherry G400 Thanks :)

Archived