Gibson Brands Forums

Bad News :(

ne14t?

The ones I checked out seemed to be built OK but just feel cheap to me. I am not a fan of the thin flat finish either. None of them were setup worth a crap. I'm picky so my opinion may not mean much. Like I said they just have a "cheap vibe" to me. I'm sure you could spend some time setting one up and it would play and sound fine and wouldn't be bad for the money. I'm also a fan of heavy Les Pauls. I played a traditional that was very nice....

Andy

Thanks a bunch Andy, I was actually in yesterday checking out the SG and it did sound mighty fine but it was pretty bleh looking. The Gibson page makes the worn cherry one look WAY more cherry then it did in real life, it was very dull in color, plain bland, overall meh. The PRS Les Paul variant they had loaded with soapbar P90s was a million times sexier looking, but for some reason I couldnt get the guitar to crunch no matter how high the gain on the amp was (direct in no effects). This could have been due to the fact I was trying out a little solid state Traynor Quarterman, some 25W cab driver amp the size of a Eventide delay box, pretty nifty little unit not something I would purchase though. The Gibson SG through the same amp crunched beautifully, so I was a little boggled, gunna keep my eye out or else just stuff some P90s into something and call it done.

Since you want to finance you should have just bought that R8 and Marshall combo they had at the North Van L&M a few weeks ago. It was on special for what was it, $6000.00 dollars ? Seriously though,shoot for the stars and get a proper GT and keep it forever.

Dont need an amp I already got a nice Marshall tube amp and I love it (dont tell my G/F cause I havent said that to her yet!!!), the only 100% Authentic Gibson Les Paul I would purchase would be the Jimmy Page #2 non aged or signed that is my ideal and dream Les Paul but unfortunately I think I would get 4-5 payments in and then I would be in a sticky spot when my bank account was drained, sadly they might want the guitar back :P and yeah when I found out L&M financed thats when I was able to touch the stars (and toss out my $99 mexistrat) its tragic it took me three years to find out they offered financing.

No Problem, the thread was totally off topic anyways, I like the idea the worn SG with P90s I had in my hand was $800 which is dirt cheap for a Gibson a trip to the stewmac webpage for some nitro and a little work could result in a new purdy finish, painting a guitar cant be much harder then painting a car.

No Problem, the thread was totally off topic anyways, I like the idea the worn SG with P90s I had in my hand was $800 which is dirt cheap for a Gibson a trip to the stewmac webpage for some nitro and a little work could result in a new purdy finish, painting a guitar cant be much harder then painting a car.

There are a couple of threads on the Epi Forum " DIY " pinned thread to help......with painting, not for GAS....[flapper] ..

Thanks fellas, I'm gonna route it for p90s when I can afford to buy the materials.

BTW, sorry for the thread-jack :)

Nice job! Just wondering... Why did you strip the finish first?

Archived