Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Ltd Silverburst or Les Paul Tribute Plus 1960?

Master Hugh

Hi,

I'm trying to decide between the two and I'm not sure which one to buy. I really love the silverburst finish, but the tribute seems like it has quite special features including the Gibson USA 57 pickups, coil tapping and the slim neck. Which one would you recommend? Does the tribute model really make a difference?

One more question, I see the black cherry finish of the tribute in lots of dealers (example link below) but I couldn't find the "black cherry" option in the epiphone product page. Is that normal?

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/electric/epiphone-les-paul-tribute-plus-electric-guitar---black-cherry-including-hard-case

Thanks

Welcome Newbie............I would choose the Tribute....With the " already there " upgrades, it's practically

a Gibby LP......................

I own both Epi and Gibby Les Pauls, ( to help state I know my Les Pauls. ) I haven't seen the pricing on them....

Where are you shopping for them ???

UK. But haven't decided from which seller to buy.

Welcome Newbie............I would choose the Tribute....With the " already there " upgrades, it's practically

a Gibby LP......................

I own both Epi and Gibby Les Pauls, ( to help state I know my Les Pauls. ) I haven't seen the pricing on them....

Where are you shopping for them ???

Hmmm..........There's many U.K. members on the Gibby Lounge....Mostly Gibson fanatics though....

Its a question what you want to do once you have it...

If you want a Guitar that looks great but you can mod any which way you want, get the Custom

But if you just want a guitar to play and get the best possible sound out the box the Tribute is the choice

The Tribute Plus comes in 5 finishes, the Custom has 3

Ultimately its up to you how unique you wanna be...

• 4 weeks later...

I would definitely get the Silverburst!

It's just the best colour in my own opinion!

I would do anything to get a genuine one!

However, if you are planning the get the Epiphone Les Paul custom Silverburst,

I would advice you to be a bit more careful. As I have been looking everywhere for it in Australia, and apparently Epiphone doesn't make them anymore, as it's a Limited Edition.

I tried to look for it online and second-hand, and found a lot of fake ones other there,

most claiming they are new and directly from the factory in China.

That's why I have changed my mind into getting the Les Paul Ultra II instead. So I hope you'll beware when trying to hunt for an Les Paul Custom Silverburst.

Its a question what you want to do once you have it...

If you want a Guitar that looks great but you can mod any which way you want, get the Custom

But if you just want a guitar to play and get the best possible sound out the box the Tribute is the choice

The Tribute Plus comes in 5 finishes, the Custom has 3

Ultimately its up to you how unique you wanna be...

+1

I totally agree with this post. I have the Custom Silverburst and I LOVE it, but I swapped out the stock pickups for the Duncan Hotrodded set. The tribute needs nothing out of the box. The Gibson 57s are awesome pickups and the push pull pots give a lot of tonal options.

100_5256.jpg

Hi,

I'm trying to decide between the two and I'm not sure which one to buy. I really love the silverburst finish, but the tribute seems like it has quite special features including the Gibson USA 57 pickups, coil tapping and the slim neck. Which one would you recommend? Does the tribute model really make a difference?

One more question, I see the black cherry finish of the tribute in lots of dealers (example link below) but I couldn't find the "black cherry" option in the epiphone product page. Is that normal?

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/electric/epiphone-les-paul-tribute-plus-electric-guitar---black-cherry-including-hard-case

Thanks

I'm partial to the color red, but I have to admit the silverburst looks great. I saw one at my local GC. For me I would choose the black cherry, but that's me. Difficulty choosing is a simple solution really . . . especially if you have a large pocket book [thumbup] .

Archived