Gibson Brands Forums

MXR Carbon Copy vs Lovepedal Gen 5 Echo

bluesguitar65

They both sound good. Except for one or two settings, I think I'd say MXR if I was forced to choose. It's a very close call though, and if I listened some more maybe I'd change my mind.

How's that for non-committal? :rolleyes:

My opinion? Sell both and get a Strymon El Capistan :P

I think the comparison would be a lot better if you set the pedals to sound approximately the same (same delay time, repeats, etc) instead of just turning the knobs so they look the same. Also the riffage wasn't really condusive to delay IMO. I'm not saying play like edge, but don't play like Angus Young [biggrin]

not trying to be a jerk or anything. Just some suggestions. You know I love you baby

My opinion? Sell both and get a Strymon El Capistan :P

I think the comparison would be a lot better if you set the pedals to sound approximately the same (same delay time, repeats, etc) instead of just turning the knobs so they look the same. Also the riffage wasn't really condusive to delay IMO. I'm not saying play like edge, but don't play like Angus Young [biggrin]

not trying to be a jerk or anything. Just some suggestions. You know I love you baby

No pun taken and I actaully take your constructive criticism to learn by. After, reviewing the video I agree the first part of the video was terrible, you can hardly tell them apart with a driven Marshall tube amp. I got the same input from other forums. I'm not sure if many have watched up to 2:40 of the video where Im actually playing clean with a backing track. Im still learning on how to make videos and how to play. I will redo the video. [thumbup]

Did not listen to the video yet, but if the Gen5 does not have modulation, then it ain't for me. What sold me on the Carbon Copy was that feature.

Now they have this and all I can say is I WANT IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdB40MTs64Q

Gen5 has modulation also, but I read that the Gen5 is not a analog delay. Can anyone confirm this?

No pun taken and I actaully take your constructive criticism to learn by. After, reviewing the video I agree the first part of the video was terrible, you can hardly tell them apart with a driven Marshall tube amp. I got the same input from other forums. I'm not sure if many have watched up to 2:40 of the video where Im actually playing clean with a backing track. Im still learning on how to make videos and how to play. I will redo the video. [thumbup]

I wouldn't say it's terrible at all. It was better than most demos on YouTube. I watched the whole thing. The end was nice. Your demos are getting better and better for sure.

Just maybe try setting the mix a littler higher for a part of the demo and play some short choppy riffs so the repeats really stand out. That way you can hear the character of each delay a little better. Not saying you should abandon your whole approach, I think your style is cool. It might be cool to show the oscillations of each as well.

As for the whole analog vs digital thing, who cares? If you like the way the pedals sounds I wouldn't worry about it. I know you're probly just wondering out of curiousity though.

My favorite delay is a digital delay. It's not the 80s anymore.

Archived