Gibson Brands Forums

Would anyone want me to...

Dub-T-123

I haven't taken a money order before but I don't see why not.

I've decided against using 1590a enclosures. The guts I have will fit fine but it's impossible to buy a drilled and powdercoated 1590a. If I drill and finish it myself it will look pathetic so I'm just gonna put them in some powdercoated MXR sized enclosures. I'll buy the parts today.

Dude, if you have a drill, it is way easy to drill it yourself. If you haven't ever done it, I would at least give it a try for experience sake.

Also, there are some really robust spray paints that can be nearly as good as powder coating. Hammorite is one, and it looks cool. And if you use an etching primer made for metal, it may even be better than some of the cheaper excuses some makers are passing for a powder coat finish. Besides, pedals are small and the paint is cheap. Also, it is a pedal-who cares if it gets beat up.

Dude, if you have a drill, it is way easy to drill it yourself. If you haven't ever done it, I would at least give it a try for experience sake.

Also, there are some really robust spray paints that can be nearly as good as powder coating. Hammorite is one, and it looks cool. And if you use an etching primer made for metal, it may even be better than some of the cheaper excuses some makers are passing for a powder coat finish. Besides, pedals are small and the paint is cheap. Also, it is a pedal-who cares if it gets beat up.

Yeah I've got a good Makita drill I just didn't want to mess up a build for someone else. I'll practice drilling my own.

I have a pedal that the builder painted with a rattle can and it looks nice I agree. I dig the hammerite finishes but when I start my next printing class I'm planning on printing on my builds and hammerite kinda messes up the screenprinting because of the uneven surface.

Exactly. [lol]

Sheesh what else do you know about me? [mellow]

you have 10 fingers, live with your parents in New York, you are trying to sell a Chuck Schuldiner tribute on here, but to no avail, you like colllecting pens, your name on youtube is mmmmboobs, you recently bought a pedalboard, your melody maker won't stay in tune, you like running into lockers, your sister made out with Jimmy Page, You made a Large Beaver and Rangemaster, you have a JB (Justin Bieber) fuzzface, you sometimes wake up in bushes next to wal-mart, the coolest thing you ever said was "Your All Whore", you have a greek heritage, and I have access to your photobucket account.

you have 10 fingers, live with your parents in New York, you are trying to sell a Chuck Schuldiner tribute on here, but to no avail, you like colllecting pens, your name on youtube is mmmmboobs, you recently bought a pedalboard, your melody maker won't stay in tune, you like running into lockers, your sister made out with Jimmy Page, You made a Large Beaver and Rangemaster, you have a JB (Justin Bieber) fuzzface, you sometimes wake up in bushes next to wal-mart, the coolest thing you ever said was "Your All Whore", you have a greek heritage, and I have access to your photobucket account.

Ah yes, something everyone knows about me huh? [blink]

I think after the Super hard one, no brainer distortion and timeline im done with pedals...

I know what you mean Dem00n, a million effects, although fun, really is a bit redundant no matter what music you're playing. My pedalboard is in my closet right now, torn apart, and I haven't played with any distortion for two weeks now.

Dub you should build one of these. [flapper]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idewplvrIIg&feature=channel_video_title

I think after the Super hard one, no brainer distortion and timeline im done with pedals...

Those look really cool. Have you heard about the BAT Black Forest? It's gonna be a modded Colorsound Overdriver clone. I really want one, I think I'm just gonna build a Colorsound Overdriver clone though.

On the subject of muffs.. I'm building an IC Muff and I just bought a Devi Ever Hyperion. I could have built a Hyperion clone, but I found one with the art that I like in mint condish and it was built on my birthday and it was pretty fairly priced so I just bought it.

The IC Muff has been held up because my original order was missing a resistor so I ordered the missing resistor along with the parts for the SHO builds.

Archived