Gibson Brands Forums

1987 "wild frontier tour" on cd + dvd

S t e v e

looking forward to this [thumbup]

LORD OF THE STRINGS

also found these kind words from brian may...

"Surely not...This seems completely unreal. I'm shocked to hear tonight that Gary Moore has died. What a wonderful player he was. It does not seem possible this is in the past. Well, his recordings will testify forever. But ... live ... he was a demon. I know, because we toured with Thin Lizzy all around the States, many years ago. Gary was awesome every night ... and the nicest guy you could imagine.

I have many memories - of visiting him in the studio, meeting him backstage, being staggered by his virtuosity in his solo gigs. Well, lost for words. Bless ya Gary, wherever you're bound. To Rock Heaven, I hope. 58? You were just a boy. Unbelievable. This is too sad. RIP Gary Moore. Brian"

To me, real music is bands that don't rely on fashion style and their hair ( eg. Hair Metal ), or bands that don't need a bunch of effects to sound good ( Oz Noy or the Edge do ). Gary Moore could play any guitar or any amp without fx and blow us away every time. Id like to dare the Edge to plug straight into an amp. Anyways, Gary is one of my favorites. He could really shred the blues. He taught me that to go to town on the fingerboard doesn't mean you HAVE to play scales and arrpeggios faster than the speed of light ( kinda like this Sweedish dude with a Strat they call Yngwie ). Just go for it, man. Blues shred. Gary's in the top seven of guitar players who affect my style ( with Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, Michael Bloomfield, Alex Lifeson, and Eric Johnson ). And without Gary, Joe Bonamassa wouldn't be what he is.

To me, real music is bands that don't rely on fashion style and their hair ( eg. Hair Metal ), or bands that don't need a bunch of effects to sound good ( Oz Noy or the Edge do ). Gary Moore could play any guitar or any amp without fx and blow us away every time. Id like to dare the Edge to plug straight into an amp. Anyways, Gary is one of my favorites. He could really shred the blues. He taught me that to go to town on the fingerboard doesn't mean you HAVE to play scales and arrpeggios faster than the speed of light ( kinda like this Sweedish dude with a Strat they call Yngwie ). Just go for it, man. Blues shred. Gary's in the top seven of guitar players who affect my style ( with Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, Michael Bloomfield, Alex Lifeson, and Eric Johnson ). And without Gary, Joe Bonamassa wouldn't be what he is.

kaleb, i appreciate your input BUT...you didn't have to explain yourself to demoon, he's just being an *** [biggrin]

+1 on your thoughts though [thumbup]

Yep <_< I 've searched but find nothing

I have found it :)

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=178286

* 1. Over The Hills And Far Away

* 2. Military Man

* 3. Days Of Heroes

* 4. Where Are You Now?

* 5. So Far Away / Empty Rooms

* 6. Oh Wild One

* 7. Blood Of Emeralds

* 8. Out In The Fields

* 9. Walking By Myself

* 10. Johnny Boy

* 11. Parisienne Walkways

I have found it :)

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=178286

* 1. Over The Hills And Far Away

* 2. Military Man

* 3. Days Of Heroes

* 4. Where Are You Now?

* 5. So Far Away / Empty Rooms

* 6. Oh Wild One

* 7. Blood Of Emeralds

* 8. Out In The Fields

* 9. Walking By Myself

* 10. Johnny Boy

* 11. Parisienne Walkways

that's a strange set for a jazz/blues festival?...can't wait [thumbup]

that's a strange set for a jazz/blues festival?...can't wait [thumbup]

yes, but on the other hand, there is a DVD from Korn Live in Montreux and as far as I know Korn are not doing some kind of Jazz/Blues [tongue]

Archived