Gibson Brands Forums

The guitar of my dreams

Not-Too-Late

When I was in high school, I loved the Ventures, and to have one of these was a dream. Is there anyone out there that has $3400 to spare [smile]? I get on Craiglist every now and then and look all over the country. You never know what you might find. I hope this is still available when the Publisher's Clearinghouse van stops by. [thumbup]

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/msg/2550622883.html

Wilson Guitar Ventures is making some VERY nice copies of the VM-65 right now, We have a used pearl model in stock at the store for $425. It's a great playing guitar with a TON of vintage vibe!

http://www.wilsonguitarventures.com/vm65.html

Jim

Those are great Jim. A little bit different on the body regarding the cutouts. I wonder if the action is similar? The Mosrite had a very thin neck and great action. Unfortunately going to high school at the time, I couldn't afford one.

I have a 1965 Ventures Model Mosrite that my father purchased for me in "1965". I still have the receipt for it. $378.99 with case. From D&R Music in Plainfield Indiana. I cut my teeth on this guitar and at one time could play almost 400 Ventures songs. Wow, that's hard to believe, but its true. I think the color was called cranberry red but I'm not sure. I love this guitar. I don't play it much anymore, its hanging on my wall. From time to time I will take it down and play it. I mostly play my LP Elitist Custom and my JS1200, my Strat and Wasburn Idol. The Mosrite is an amazing instrument. I would never part with mine.

Mike

You might also try one of these. Much more affordable, highly playable:

Univox Hi-Flyer

univox_hi_flier_002.jpg

Dillion Mosrite Copy

2736581151_2e8e6a3f14.jpg

Eastwood Sidejack

0320sidejackdlxblackFINAL.jpg

That Eastwood looks awesome. Except for the tremolo arm . . . ooops, whammy bar, and the logo it looks like a dead ringer for a Mosrite.

I have a 1965 Ventures Model Mosrite that my father purchased for me in "1965". I still have the receipt for it. $378.99 with case. From D&R Music in Plainfield Indiana. I cut my teeth on this guitar and at one time could play almost 400 Ventures songs. Wow, that's hard to believe, but its true. I think the color was called cranberry red but I'm not sure. I love this guitar. I don't play it much anymore, its hanging on my wall. From time to time I will take it down and play it. I mostly play my LP Elitist Custom and my JS1200, my Strat and Wasburn Idol. The Mosrite is an amazing instrument. I would never part with mine.

Mike

You lucky stiff [biggrin] . Can you imagine, $378, and now one would put you back 10x that. Look after that Mosrite. I don't blame you Mike, I wouldn't part with it either. I hope you got it appraised and put insurance on it.

Archived