Gibson Brands Forums

A Rockin' Funk Jam By Your's Truly

Tman5293

It has boogie.

I realize you were just screwing around with it, but pretty much any part of that rhythm would do great in a funk tune, and there were some great parts in it. I also liked the lead playing in particular the first half-your licks landed right on with the groove.

I also listened after watching Sanford and Son, and had home cooked chicken. It holds up.

I liked it... I could have heard more of the funky rhythm you were doing under the lead.... Let it breath, you got some good ideas. There wasn't any drum track to guide you so I understand your timing was a bit off. Do you ever jam with a metronome or drum loop... Much more fun if you use a drum loop and it will help you with your timing.... Good job... [thumbup]

I liked it... I could have heard more of the funky rhythm you were doing under the lead.... Let it breath, you got some good ideas. There wasn't any drum track to guide you so I understand your timing was a bit off. Do you ever jam with a metronome or drum loop... Much more fun if you use a drum loop and it will help you with your timing.... Good job... [thumbup]

I did consider a drum loop for this one. Guess I should have put one in. msp_flapper.gif

I agree with the need for a drum loop. Lots of nice licks to work with there. BUT, it sounded timid to me. Thats what struck me most about it. Dig in man! That being said, kudos for posting your work for critique.

Archived