Gibson Brands Forums

British Invasion

Californiaman

If you're anywhere near Paso Robles this Saturday, Vina Robles Winery is hosting the third annual British Invasion.

Here's the details:

3rd Annual British Invasion

Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM to 09:30 PM

We invite you to join us as we journey back to the raucous period of the mid 1960s for our third annual “British Invasion” event, including classic hits from the 1960s British Rock n’ Roll era performed by local cover band sensation Unfinished Business. The festivities will include:

An airing of the Beatles' famous first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, followed by Martin Scorcese's critically acclaimed documentary on the Rolling Stones, Shine A Light.

Silent auction featuring fine Paso Robles wines

A handful of car and motorcycle clubs, including the Mini Maniacs, will proudly display their finest British vehicles in our courtyard.

Ye Olde English Fish 'n' Chips and award-winning Vina Robles wines will be available for purchase.

Beer garden featuring a selection of local and domestic beer.

The doors open at 5:30 p.m., with music starting at 7:00 p.m.

Tickets are $25 per person ($20 for Signature Wine Club members). Click here to purchase or call us at (805) 227-4812, option 1

Proceeds from the event will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Luis Obispo County and the Paso Robles High School Boosters.

That sounds a brilliant occasion - even fish and chips too :)

I thought you guys on the other side of the pond might like to know that we do think about you and appreciate your contribution to the cause.

Cheers.

I'll actually be there this weekend! Going to the lake so we'll stop by. Thanks for this!

If there is any way I can make it I'll see you there.

Lol!

We are seriously going. I'll take some video and post it. I won't take my guitar but will take my wife!

You won't be disappointed. Unfinished Business is a class act.

I've seen them many times.

Terry Lawless, back from his summer tour with U2, will be playing keys too.

I went and had a good time. Beautiful place and the fish and chips were the best that I have ever had (I've had them in Leeds and London too).

Here is the band that played the British Invasion music. Good time had by all.

The guitar player had a Black beauty LP, a Rick 12 string, and a Gretsch. Great guitarist. Terry, the keyboardist, was phenomenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxCwQcdRWeE

I went and had a good time. Beautiful place and the fish and chips were the best that I have ever had (I've had them in Leeds and London too).

Here is the band that played the British Invasion music. Good time had by all.

The guitar player had a Black beauty LP, a Rick 12 string, and a Gretsch. Great guitarist. Terry, the keyboardist, was phenomenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxCwQcdRWeE

That sounds (and looks) like it was all so much fun!

Matt

Archived