Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: New Bass/Amp Setup

bluesguitar65

Well, yesterday afterwork I went to Guitar Center as they started with their Labor Day sale yesterday and I went in there to purchase a pack of strings. Well, was browsing around and stumbled upon the Bass area and though...hmmmmm I need a bass to lay some bass tracks as the bass tracks that came with garageband sound pretty cheesy and limiting. Well, to make the the story short, I got me a basic bass setup with amp for $460 out the door, all new including the gig bag and the pack of strings I originally went to the store for [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] . Its a Fender Squire Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass and a Fender Rumble 75 watt amp. I'll be doing some videos soon over labor day weekend. I had to sneak all these new gear around the back of the house to my man cave without the Mrs. noticing [scared]

p1010146l.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-08-31

p1010150nv.jpg

p1010151g.jpg

p1010148au.jpg

p1010152s.jpg

Congrats . . . . . . . . . . . . . . on sneaking it by the Mrs. . [lol]

I'd like to see you thoughts on it after you've had some time to play around with out.

Great price of the whole rig. B)

Yea thanks!!! I was playing it last night and I got this big blister on my right middle finger already [crying]

Congrats-that's a great bargain-these Squier guitars are very well made and they could be charging a lot more for them given the quality that goes into them.The Jazz bass is way better suited to the guitarist than the P Bass as it has a much narrower neck,so it's easier to adapt to,plus the Jazz bass gives you a broader tonal range.The Rumble amps are also punchy bass amps even though they're solid state.

Can't beat that with a stick - congrats. I've heard nothing but good things about the current Squiers though I've never tried one myself.

Appearently they are quite a bang for the buck.

As for the Mrs - now that you've joined the dark side sneaking this in won't help you.

she won't have to hear it - she'll feel it soon enough...... [thumbup]

So the Mrs. doesn't ever come into your Mancave... lucky you, LOL [flapper]

Nice package. I know it's rare, but try using a pick instead of your fingers.

LOL!!!! Well, she use to, but she was horrified with all the gear I have laying around...she thinks they are all junk, so she doesn't go in there as often [biggrin]

So, you say not use my fingers? I'm most comfortable with a pick anyway [thumbup]

Archived