Gibson Brands Forums

GAS Is Back

neilpanda

I decided to go to long & mcquade today and I noticed a les paul that looked pretty cool. Ive seen it before but I never really noticed it.

I looked at it and it said "LP Trad Faded..." and I went "huh! I never knew they made these!" and it was a pretty nice price at about $1600

hopefully somebody decides to randomly give me some money and I could go get it [flapper]

Gibson PDF file on it

I decided to go to long & mcquade today and I noticed a les paul that looked pretty cool. Ive seen it before but I never really noticed it.

I looked at it and it said "LP Trad Faded..." and I went "huh! I never knew they made these!" and it was a pretty nice price at about $1600

hopefully somebody decides to randomly give me some money and I could go get it [flapper]

Gibson PDF file on it

really nice and a pretty fair price to boot.

It amazes me that L&M can sell those for $1,600 (plus tax) all day long and here I had to practically give my mint Traditional away (with upgraded pickups/pots/caps/bridge/tailpiece) for $1,700.

I get into these type of ordeals usually when I trade with a music store, not so much with private individuals. I always provide the stock parts I've replaced in the sale, the standard line from the retail store is " we have to maintain the integrity of the brand, in order to keep marketability" or some such rot as that.

Archived