Gibson Brands Forums

is these les pauls fake

cheesebro

hello ive had these guitars for a while a epiphone les paul custom : white with gold hardware and epiphone les paul black beauty : black with gold hardware now my father bought these off ebay for pretty cheap i was just wonders if these are fake please state youre reasons if they are or not thanks

extra details the black one when turned to trebel it doesnt work

heres all the pics

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/jcscd/guitars/

Hi CB, and welcome to the forums, a great bunch of guys around here, I hope you like the place.

They both seem to be fakes unfortunately, the larger "EE" in front of the serial number is a dead giveaway, all letters and numbers should be the same size and same font.

hello ive had these guitars for a while a epiphone les paul custom : white with gold hardware

and epiphone les paul black beauty : black with gold hardware.

Now my father bought these off ebay for pretty cheap i was just wonders

if these are fake please state youre reasons if they are or not... thanks.

I do see things that I'm not comfortable with, but I would really like to research the SELLER(s)

in order to give you a better answer.

As your Father purchased these, feedback was probably left, and will Name of Seller will show up in either your

purchase history OR your "feedback left as Buyer". The SELLER's Ebay Name will also be there - can't hide the

"paper trail".

If you are able to post this name and which ebay you used (ie: USA, AU, DE, etc.) we can go in and see if

he/she/they have a history of lots of "EPI" sales - more than your average joe who sells a git or two.

You don't have to tell us your dad's ebay handle, just the Seller's Handle/Store name, whatever.

I just want to see if the person(s) you bought from is shovelling gits out the back door!!!

Thanks if you choose to respond.

hey yeah sorry just i got a stubbern dad who doesnt believe that there fake and trying to get proof

There are members who are much more skilled than I am at spotting Epi fakes, cheesebro, but, with study (which I've done), certain things

will pop right out....I won't list them, but, it took me around two minutes to come to, IMHO, the status as fakes..........

bro i know there fakes im trying find something to back up my infomation cause

apprently listening to people on the internet doesnt mean there always right (old fashioned dad)

but yeh ill try take it to a shop and hopfully i can get a asnwer hell listen to

It's true, the net can be full of "self-Proclaimed" experts, but you'll find this forum

to have a decent share of knowledgeable members.

This is the REASON I asked about SELLER - From another thread:

"CUSTOM SILVERBURST: won this but is it real? bad experience with ebay..."

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/73494-custom-silverburst/

RESEARCHING THE SELLER PRODUCED:

Hey, Brother!!!! THIS IS WHY WE RESEARCH THE SELLER!!!!!!

Get out of the Deal if you can!!!!

All I needed to know was WHERE you were - I looked up the listing,

definitely says "Used". NOW IT STARTS TO STINK.....

I checked out the seller's FEEDBACK as a Seller:

Between 01 April 2011 and 26 Aug 2011 the "Individual" has sold:

Four Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty Guitars

Four Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Guitars

Four Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul Guitars

One Epiphone Alpine White Les Paul Guitar

WAY too many for your average player to have laying around, and

sadly these are the FAVORITES for the fakers to move onto the market.

Only companies with deep pockets can hold that much stock - Gibson/Epiphone

requires an initial investment of at least $100,000.00 in guitars BEFORE

they'll even ship product to you if you want to be a distibutor.

Most likely the seller has a source of "Not-Reals" in Hong Kong.

WOW, they're getting better and better. Pictures can fool you, BUT

the "Paper Trail" reveals ALL.

Perhaps you would rather check out seller yourself. Just trying to assist -

Good Luck!

bro i know there fakes im trying find something to back up my infomation cause apprently listening to people on the internet doesnt mean there always right (old fashioned dad) but yeh ill try take it to a shop and hopfully i can get a asnwer hell listen to

Open the control panel on the back and take some pictures after you cut away some of the sidewall to expose the body material, lets see if it's wood or MDF.

The last large EE guitar I had in my hands had an MDF body that you could easily see in the control cavity.

Archived