Gibson Brands Forums

NGD trade was Saturday

buliwyf

I put an ad in Craigs list wanting to trade my white Epi SG with factory EMG's for an Epi LP or something different even a Strat.My SG was a great guitar but it was my forth SG shaped guitar I had bought and it was time for something different plus I like Les Pauls.This is the guitar i traded I have had it for a few years but couldnt find a pic except the stock MF one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-g-400-electric-guitar-with-emg-pickups/519397000026000

Well the gentleman and I met halfway between our houses and checked out each others axes and the Epi LP plus top he wanted to trade even was a 2010 and was beautiful and not a mark on it.He was very happy with my SG's thinner neck as his LP had a neck he thought was way to thick for him and he played down tuned metal so he really dug the EMG's so he seemed thrilled.

As for me this Epi LP plus top in I think transparent amber is killer looking and sounding.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-standard-plus-top-electric-guitar/518341

I know Epi makes a great looking guitar but I was a little afraid about the sound of the stock pickups and was planning on changing them.Actually the stock pickups sound dam good with big help from the tone controls it's easy to get anything from a sweet blues tone to some pretty serious crunch so maybe I'll keep the pickups for a while.all in all a beautiful guitar and i couldnt be happier with the sound and feel. Now i know why a lot of people would rather save a lot of bucks and buy the Epi and not the Gibson,sometimes buying a guitar for names sake isnt the right thing to do.Please no grief about Gibson I have owned several most of the LP's from a 69 to a 3 pu 35th anniv.custom and 5 or 6 more so I do know what I'm talking about.Seems to me Epi has come a long way.I suck at pics but heres a few the guitar looks tons better in person.

2270622350043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

2945663360043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks,I brought a little battery powered Fender amp,cord and srtap with me so we could at least make sure everything worked on the guitars.Plus to check out the volume and tone pots and basickly get an idea of the tone each guitar had.Also meeting each other and talking for a few was pretty cool so yep it worked out good. He seemed to dig the speed of the SG's neck and he really wanted a set or the Zakk EMG's and I fell in love with the LP and as I said I'm still suprised the pickups sound as good as they do.

Hey Brinah behind the LP is one of my viking shields.Besides collecting and playing guitars I also collect midevil weapons. Things like swords,axes,spears,maces even suits or armour.Both hobbies got pretty carried away for a while but with cash being tight lately Iv'e sold a lot of stuff.The viking shield behind the LP goes for around $175.00 new.Heres a pic of a few weapons plus another ax and a helmet influenced by my favorite charector the Death dealer you might remember him mostly from a Molly Hatchet album.

post-25359-007776200 1316576783_thumb.jpg

post-25359-020845200 1316577874_thumb.jpg

Hey Brinah behind the LP is one of my viking shields.Besides collecting and playing guitars I also collect midevil weapons. Things like swords,axes,spears,maces even suits or armour.Both hobbies got pretty carried away for a while but with cash being tight lately Iv'e sold a lot of stuff.The viking shield behind the LP goes for around $175.00 new.Heres a pic of a few weapons plus another ax and a helmet influenced by my favorite charector the Death dealer you might remember him mostly from a Molly Hatchet album.

Pity the fool that tries to burgle you [scared]

HNGD Thor... arrgh, I mean buliwyf [biggrin]

Hey Brianh - behind the LP is one of my viking shields. Besides collecting and playing guitars I also collect medieval weapons. Things like swords, axes, spears, maces even suits or armour. Both hobbies got pretty carried away for a while but with cash being tight lately Iv'e sold a lot of stuff. The viking shield behind the LP goes for around $175.00 new. Heres a pic of a few weapons plus another axe and a helmet influenced by my favorite character - the Death Dealer - you might remember him mostly from a Molly Hatchet album.

That's funny - when you're tired of playing your axe(s), you can go out and wield one!

Haloween must be an exciting stop for trick-or-treaters at your house!

MVC-069S.jpg

Halloween is only an exciting stop for those who can get away to tell the tale,I would have used your post as a quote but i have no idea how to do that.Could you let me know how to post quotes?

BTW sorry to get so far off topic i should probably post pictures in the lounge area if theres any interest!

2971652920043544858S500x500Q85.jpg

Also it's been a week now and this guitar just keeps getting better looking every time I look at it and dam does it sing.Seems to me Epiphone has come a long way in the LP dept since I bought one about 10 or 15 years ago and the PU's squeeled a bit when they were both on in a heavy gain setting.My new one 2010 is amazing,as I said I've owned a lot of Gibson LP's and this is close to being up there with most of them.

Just to let you all know of all the Gibson LP's i have owned my favorite was a 1995 white studio with an ebony fretboard.It was the sweetest sounding LP i have ever heard,sometimes you just get lucky.

I would have used your post as a quote but i have no idea how to do that.Could you let me know how to post quotes?

To quote a post just click the Reply button in the bottom right hand corner of that post, and you can edit it to only show the relevant part of the post too if you like.

Archived