Gibson Brands Forums

Everyone Needs To Listen To These Guys!

Tman5293

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too impressed by their songs, but I *love* their vibe and the sound. Those fuzz guitars make me wanna run home, plug in my Silvertone, and let it rip. Was watching their last Austin City Limits appearance over the weekend. Damn, those cats can rock it.

I think I know what you mean evol. Some of their songwriting is pretty lame but I overlook it for the overall awesome vibe. I love those fuzzy guitar sounds.

Tman I can't believe you just discovered them. You must be living under a rock out in the desert in Texas or something.

Yeah like Fred said check out the Greenhornes. They're pretty awesome (awesome live too).

This.

Tman, you're a total hipster. You're also a fascist, man--"everyone needs to listen to these guys."

You can't tell me what I need to do.

Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...........................................

Hey Fred, what are some of your favorites by The Greenhornes?

oh dude, their latest album **** "Four Stars" is fantastic from beginning to end and same with Dual Mono, one song I think you'll like is Underestimator, and not just for the intro [biggrin]

The weirdest thing though, if you ever see em in concert, Craig Fox stays completely still the entire time. Its freaky, like he doesn't move except for his hands

Tman listen to "Too Much Sorrow" and "Pattern Skies". My personal favorite album is Dual Mono and my favorite song is Pigtails and Kneesocks. Pigtails and Kneesocks has some guitar solo-age that I don't care for but the vocal harmony thing in the beginning is enough to make it my fave.

That video reminded me of how Craig Fox just stands perfectly still when he plays. I can't help but bob my head around when I play I don't know how he does that. He sounds just like the records when he plays live though.

Yeah now that I think about it they're really not quite comparable to the Black Keys

The Greenhornes sound like white people from the '60s.

The Black Keys sound a lot more bluesy. At least their old stuff does.

Word. I just threw it out there

Ain't nothing wrong with white people from the 60s though...

I can't wait for the new record, but yeah, his solo album was miles above their last two albums. I liked Attack and Release, but Brothers, when compared to their other stuff, was meh

Archived