Gibson Brands Forums

New Stadiums, And Football!

neilpanda

Last night was the grand opening of the new BC Place stadium, with a new, super cool looking retractable roof. [thumbup]

Oh, and my team won! The coach has his 250th win, pretty cool if you ask me. I didnt get to go inside for the game, but I

checked out the outside, and look looks fantastic!

$563 million? Eh, a bit much, but I think it's worth it.

Before and after

bc-place-stadium.jpg313324_10150331512132808_91251252807_7850891_1633490783_n.jpg

who paid for this?? i hope its sole intention was not to house the lions?? if it was paid for by whom i think, i feel sorry for this country, its beyond broken.

eta. take it with a grain of salt, someone pissed in my wheaties this morning.

stadium looks good, hope the acoustics work.

who paid for this?? i hope its sole intention was not to house the lions?? if it was paid for by whom i think, i feel sorry for this country, its beyond broken.

eta. take it with a grain of salt, someone pissed in my wheaties this morning.

stadium looks good, hope the acoustics work.

BC taxpayers [thumbdn] about $130 per person in BC [cursing]

but what's been done is done, we can't go back, but now we have a cool gadget that we can look at! [flapper]

Guest farnsbarns

Cool looking stadia (yes, it's a Latin noun so not pluralised with an S) but you say the tax payer funded it? That's bonkers.

A few years ago a weathy business man wanted to built a smaller 20 to 30 thousand seat stadium on the waterfront right by the convention centre. Privately funded the whole way and it was rejected. Why? because for the large part the city of Vancouver was worried about displacing junkies. So then the whole BC place reno came into being. It wasn't that long ago that there was some serious consideration to tearing it down. Only in Vancouver.

But the new roof looks good.

Archived