Gibson Brands Forums

new avengers film...anyone?

S t e v e

Avengers vs x men? When did that happen? There have been times when there have been misunderstandings but never a real A vs X thing... well, it happened in the Ultimates francise which seems to be from where they get material for their movies so it could be (Ultimate War) it would be an awesome movie.

BTW I think some of marvel's movies are good (blade, blade II, blade III, the second Hulk movie was almost good, wolverine and iron man were kind of good, wolverine being the best of those 3, spiderman was kind of good too) but most of them are crap, especially from the comic collector point of view.

Characters that their movies have completely f_cked up:

Generation X

Ghost Rider

X-men (I, II, III)

Thor (WTF were they thinking?)

X-men first class

Hulk (first movie)

Daredevil

Elektra

Fantastic four I and II (what a joke)

Punisher

Spider man III

Nick Fury (with David Hasslehoff!)

Didn't watch "man thing" because it's almost impossible to find in here, and after Thor and x-men first class I didn't have it in me to go and watch (and get disappointed by) Captain America.

Somehow I think Avengers will be a joke as most of the others have been... unless they base it on the Ultimates and make it a run of issue 1 through issue 14

I've been a long time Marvel collector, always hated DC comics and especially Superman (and how their entire universe is based on him) but damn, they did a superb job with both batman movies (superman was lame), why can't marvel do the same?

Wasn't an Avengers vs X-men series actually (not like they were truly against each other).

There have been lots of series featuring both and at the beginning they are kind of against the other "team" but then everything sorts out. As example, the dark phoenix saga takes place (I think) in the time you are talking about, am I right? But that's too wide a plot to make a movie out of. :(

I can think of house of M and blood ties too but those aren't really representative of any of them.

Then you have Onslaught (probably the best plot with the most opportunity for greatness, then they spoiled it too LOL, that could do for a great movie once everyone is up to date with everyone's back story and powers.

Damn, if they only would make some great TV series with all of them! :D

BTW I'm glad they are including Hawkeye in there, he's one of my favorite characters and deserves more spotlight.

Thor (WTF were they thinking?)

Nooooooooo sh!t. I was actually just complaining about Thor this morning to a co-worker. I paid good money to see Thor beating a$$.. not spending 3/4 of the film trying to find Mjolnir.

I'm hoping they make a Secret Wars movie some day. [thumbup]

Looks like it will be good, I just hope it won't be like G.I. Joe where they make an otherwise awesome movie and then turn every old fan off with a messed up new costume for a major player. Cobra Commander shouldn't have had that stupid mask, should have been either the hood or the helmet....

You think the comic book nerd inside you is dead and they pull it back out! [biggrin]

Archived