Gibson Brands Forums

PC desktop recommendations?

dem00n

My Dell has given up on me and i hate labtops/macs. I'm just looking for ideas of what PC's to look at, you guys wont have my final decision but i do listen.

My price is around 1k, its a little flexible.

Of course it wouldnt have to had an Intel processor and windows 7.

Thanks.

Have you considered building your own? If you know what your doing with PC components then it's a lot cheaper to build your own than buy one pre-built. BTW, the one you posted has an AMD processor. Thought you wanted Intel........................I would go with AMD however since they have a better price/performance ratio.

Have you considered building your own? If you know what your doing with PC components then it's a lot cheaper to build your own than buy one pre-built. BTW, the one you posted has an AMD processor. Thought you wanted Intel........................I would go with AMD however since they have a better price/performance ratio.

Good point on the AMD......Building a PC isn't all that hard these days either.....( Kinda )....

Currently this is indeed true (performance/price wise) they tend to go back and forth every year or two. Much much cheaper to build and if you're decently handy with electronics and keep yourself static free it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Currently this is indeed true (performance/price wise) they tend to go back and forth every year or two. Much much cheaper to build and if you're decently handy with electronics and keep yourself static free it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Then again, I remember seeing pics of dem00n's soldering skills.....

If he builds a PC, it'll weigh 140 lbs....................[flapper]:rolleyes: :blink: [razz] .....

oh get over yourself.

I think you get what you pay for with Macbooks. They are very well constructed compared to other brands.

Oh really? I just checked the specs on your $1000 Macbook. Pathetic is an understatement. It's got a worthless dual core processor, only 2GB of RAM, and only 64GB of hard drive space (on an SSD which would dramatically improve speed but still does not make up for the other worthless parts in the computer). For $1000 I could build a computer that's at least 5 times as powerful. To put together a PC with the same specs as that Macshit, it would only cost me about $300-$400 dollars and it's only that high because of the solid state hard drive which would end up being the most expensive part of the computer. Apple = overpriced garbage.

Oh really? I just checked the specs on your $1000 Macbook. Pathetic is an understatement. It's got a worthless dual core processor, only 2GB of RAM, and only 64GB of hard drive space (on an SSD which would dramatically improve speed but still does not make up for the other worthless parts in the computer). For $1000 I could build a computer that's at least 5 times as powerful. To put together a PC with the same specs as that Macshit, it would only cost me about $300-$400 dollars and it's only that high because of the solid state hard drive which would end up being the most expensive part of the computer. Apple = overpriced garbage.

so, you can build a laptop for me that's just as good as my macbook, running Snow Leopard for 400 bucks? Please do, and once you do, the check will be in the mail

Had an Asus, lasted 3 months.

My dell last 10 years, just needed to change video card and a few parts. Lately its been getting slow...

I'm thinking about building a PC, ill see.

What kind of performance are you looking to get out it? What are you gonna be using for? For $1000 you could build one sick gaming PC. I could throw together a parts list and get you a price quote.....................................

What kind of performance are you looking to get out it? What are you gonna be using for? For $1000 you could build one sick gaming PC. I could throw together a parts list and get you a price quote.....................................

I want a laptop. That runs JUST like my macbook. You said you could do that for 400? I'm game. Not a desktop, a laptop.

so, you can build a laptop for me that's just as good as my macbook, running Snow Leopard for 400 bucks? Please do, and once you do, the check will be in the mail

Hell yeah I could. You have that same Mac? I could easily do it for about $400. That processor only costs about $100, the RAM I could get for about $40, the SSD would be around $120, and you could get a great mobile graphics card for $150 or less. Then all I have to do is download a hacked version of snow leopard (don't know why you would want such a worthless operating system) that works on a PC and it's done.

Hell yeah I could. You have that same Mac? I could easily do it for about $400. That processor only costs about $100, the RAM I could get for about $40, the SSD would be around $120, and you could get a great mobile graphics card for $150 or less. Then all I have to do is download a hacked version of snow leopard (don't know why you would want such a worthless operating system) that works on a PC and it's done.

ok, and an aluminum body and all glass screen?

mine was 1200 and has 4 gb of ram and an upgraded processor (not sure which one).

Send me an invoice :rolleyes:

ok, and an aluminum body and all glass screen?

mine was 1200 and has 4 gb of ram and an upgraded processor (not sure which one).

Send me an invoice :rolleyes:

Glass screen + aluminum body seems rather contradictory to me...........................................the slightest fall would destroy the screen but the body is made to be sturdy.........................you paid $1200 for a shiny nice looking piece of metal/glass and no performance...................how sad.

Glass screen + aluminum body seems rather contradictory to me...........................................the slightest fall would destroy the screen but the body is made to be sturdy.........................you paid $1200 for a shiny nice looking piece of metal/glass and no performance...................how sad.

so again, can you build it for that price? Or are you blowing smoke up your butt?

Again, I love the argument PC users say "well my laptop can be dropped!" "yeah, well I own a mac so I'm smart enough not to throw my computer around!"

Anyways, I'm done here.

Dem00n, if you are gonna go the PC route, I'd recommend building one. I'm surprised your Dell lasted as long as it did because with my experience, Dells are complete garbage IMO.

If you want a big boy computer, get a Mac [flapper]

Archived