Gibson Brands Forums

eBay-Gibson Les Paul Collection

GibSinCity

Unloading 11 Les Pauls today.

Maybe another 20 or so tomorrow.

Just another day on eBay...

I don't have $600,000 to spare today.

Maybe I'll just wait, and get a deal on the next "20 or so"

"I will be offering another 20 or so Gibson Les Paul Standards and Customs for sale of the next while, many of them 1952,1953,1959,1960 and 1962 on ebay...."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Collection-11-Guitars-4-Vintage-cases-/120789212559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1f991d8f

You are looking at a great Gibson Les Paul Collection.

It consists of the following:

1: 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard the definition of MINT. This guitar has no lacquer checking, the color is deep cherry red sunburst moderate flame from different angles on the top. All the case candy, tags and original yellow handle screw driver, strap and cord. Sounds amazing plays like a dream. If you have one this clean please send me the picture, this is the blue chip burst at an accessible price. Never previously owned by anyone in the knitting circle. The truss rod has all the black paint on it still, the last time the screws were turned on this guitar was when it was made in 1958, until we took a look under the hood.

2: 1959 Gibson Les Paul Custom again mint condition less some gold faded on the bottom edge of the pickup covers. All Case candy and original shipping tissue in case no strap. Sounds killer too!

3: Assorted x 4 Les Paul Cases from the 50's some clean some need repair.

4: 1960 Gibson Les Paul TV Special Employee guitar no serial number not mint original but changed machine heads with a replacement case.

5: 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard mint with original case like new.

6: 1984 Gibson Les Paul Pre Historic great flame top, hard shell brown case, excellent condition.

7: 1998 Gibson R8 1958 Reissue tb sunburst chevron top, excellent condition original case.

8: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst mint original case.

9: 1974 Gibson Les Paul Standard TB Sunburst mint original case.

10: 1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior Cherry red excellent condition, replacement case.

11: 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard cherry sunburst mint condition with original case.

12: 1952 Gibson Les Paul Standard "ALL"Gold top all original lots of lacquer checking and wear but rings for days .

Unloading 11 Les Pauls today.

Maybe another 20 or so tomorrow.

Just another day on eBay...

I don't have $600,000 to spare today.

Maybe I'll just wait, and get a deal on the next "20 or so"

"I will be offering another 20 or so Gibson Les Paul Standards and Customs for sale of the next while, many of them 1952,1953,1959,1960 and 1962 on ebay...."

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c1f991d8f

You are looking at a great Gibson Les Paul Collection.

It consists of the following:

1: 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard the definition of MINT. This guitar has no lacquer checking, the color is deep cherry red sunburst moderate flame from different angles on the top. All the case candy, tags and original yellow handle screw driver, strap and cord. Sounds amazing plays like a dream. If you have one this clean please send me the picture, this is the blue chip burst at an accessible price. Never previously owned by anyone in the knitting circle. The truss rod has all the black paint on it still, the last time the screws were turned on this guitar was when it was made in 1958, until we took a look under the hood.

2: 1959 Gibson Les Paul Custom again mint condition less some gold faded on the bottom edge of the pickup covers. All Case candy and original shipping tissue in case no strap. Sounds killer too!

3: Assorted x 4 Les Paul Cases from the 50's some clean some need repair.

4: 1960 Gibson Les Paul TV Special Employee guitar no serial number not mint original but changed machine heads with a replacement case.

5: 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard mint with original case like new.

6: 1984 Gibson Les Paul Pre Historic great flame top, hard shell brown case, excellent condition.

7: 1998 Gibson R8 1958 Reissue tb sunburst chevron top, excellent condition original case.

8: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst mint original case.

9: 1974 Gibson Les Paul Standard TB Sunburst mint original case.

10: 1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior Cherry red excellent condition, replacement case.

11: 1988 Gibson Les Paul Standard cherry sunburst mint condition with original case.

12: 1952 Gibson Les Paul Standard "ALL"Gold top all original lots of lacquer checking and wear but rings for days .

yeah i seen that one too, he has re-posted the auction as he didnt sell it on the first attemp. To be fair I dont think he will again. better off to do it individually and actually work a little to sell the collection rather than being lazy and hoping to sell them all to one person.

yeah i seen that one too, he has re-posted the auction as he didnt sell it on the first attemp. To be fair I dont think he will again. better off to do it individually and actually work a little to sell the collection rather than being lazy and hoping to sell them all to one person.

+1. It really irritates the crap out of me when someone tries to sell guitars for more than they are worth by making them a package deal with other less desirable guitars.

It's like Gibson forcing me to buy an Epiphone with each Gibson I buy. Shady.

If I remember right, the first listing did not say "moderate flame" describing the '58. That would make a BIG difference, would it not? The only thing is, the pics on EBAY are not good enough to tell (I don't see any flame at all).

Obviously, the value of this collection is determined by what someone will pay for that original burst: the rest of the guitars are not really hard to assign a cash value, (you just see what they have sold for) but there might not be ANY 1958 burst that well preserved. Traditionally, the amount of flame would be THE factor in value, but now with so many aware that the color fades and many wondering what the real color would be, perhaps it may be time that a burst with the original color be worth so much?

Yeah.

I don't think the seller would get anything anywhere near the asking price if the guitars were sold individually.

I think that must be at least some of the reason for the group-deal as opposed to just being too impatient or lazy to sell one at a time.

Archived