Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Searcy

I got a deal on it because it was missing one of the original tuners and most of the strings. When I got it home I swapped half the tuners with a set of keystone Grovers I took on my Les Paul. I put the bigger tuners on the high chorus (little strings) so I don't get so confused while tuning this sucker. Still need to do the second high E. If I decide to keep it I might get some fancy bridge pins for it.

I was literally looking at one of these 2 weeks ago at a store for like $499.

The neck , back and sides are maple I think.

IMG_20111014_120209.jpg

When I was a kid I got to play a Guild Jumbo 12 string from the 70's. Ive been been hooked ever since. I has an Epiphone D style 12 string back in the early 90's that wasn't bad but I sold it (along with most of my good guitars and basses) when I was trying to buy my house 12 years ago. Since them I have been on the look out for a deal on another one. Alvarez has been on my list for years. My grandmother left me her old 70's Alvarez classical that she had strung with steel strings and played as a steel. I restrung it with nylons and love it. This 12 isn't a Gibson J-200 but it's mighty nice and for the deal... well... I couldn't pass that up as I have about 5 CryBaby pedals.

Archived