Gibson Brands Forums

The most genuine Les Paul tone?

The Metallian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen such a bunch of cork sniffers in my life. Yall take this fricking guitar way too serious, then attack me because I have the ability to have my own thoughts. If it was up to 90% of you it would be like Lemming jumping off a cliff. I have had customs, and studios and the thing everyone is so upset about is that I do not fit into the Gibson Model that everyone has in their mind. If you really want to truth the only reason I have my LP is because of the sustain, if I want to tone that can be had in almost any guitar. And yes Fred even Epiphone Lp's are quite impressive now. What kills me is many of you dont even play and your collectors, yeah some are quite impressive but most wait till some one says, OMG yes it is the best; then everyone else follows suit. Whats really funny is that there are Epi LP in this years line up like the Ultra 3 that would give even a Standard a run for the money. Especially when you consider its 1/3 of the cost and yes Fred it sounds like a LP. Just because there are those who believe a 6k guitar sounds better than a 1K guitar just because you paid more; well whats that saying about a fool and his money. Henry is making a killing off of ya. There are many different companies out there and when it comes down to it and comparison of apples to apples the Traditionals, Standards and Customs and all the other over priced guitars are in the rear of the pack. Many here have allot to learn and the tunnel vision is running amuck. OBTW there is nothing wrong with buying any guitar on-line if thats what I or anyone else wants to do. I'm sorry if there was such a variance on tone in LP's then that proves my point even more.

Say what you will but a Standard, Traditional, Custom and all those re-released r-whatever versions are no better than a Studio except in bling. The tone has more to do with your body mass and amp with the actual guitar coming in a distant third. If you don't believe that then your not a musician but just a casual player who is confused.

Is there a reason the only person you talk about this post in reference to is me?

I don't think that an R9 is worth 6 grand, but thats just to me. I think anyone is a fool and is just trying to argue with themselves that a Studio sounds the same as an R9

But if you notice no difference, congrats, and I envy you because I would be able to save a lot on gear

You guys really think Eddie Van Halen's tone has remained the same over the years? I need to get my ears checked.

Uh right.

EVH's tone has changed more times than I can count.

Come on. It's so obvious.

Just compare the earlier releases with the later. There's no way his tone has stayed the same. Even live it's different than the studio recordings.

I have never seen such a bunch of cork sniffers in my life. Yall take this fricking guitar way too serious, then attack me because I have the ability to have my own thoughts. If it was up to 90% of you it would be like Lemming jumping off a cliff. I have had customs, and studios and the thing everyone is so upset about is that I do not fit into the Gibson Model that everyone has in their mind. If you really want to truth the only reason I have my LP is because of the sustain, if I want to tone that can be had in almost any guitar. And yes Fred even Epiphone Lp's are quite impressive now. What kills me is many of you dont even play and your collectors, yeah some are quite impressive but most wait till some one says, OMG yes it is the best; then everyone else follows suit. Whats really funny is that there are Epi LP in this years line up like the Ultra 3 that would give even a Standard a run for the money. Especially when you consider its 1/3 of the cost and yes Fred it sounds like a LP. Just because there are those who believe a 6k guitar sounds better than a 1K guitar just because you paid more; well whats that saying about a fool and his money. Henry is making a killing off of ya. There are many different companies out there and when it comes down to it and comparison of apples to apples the Traditionals, Standards and Customs and all the other over priced guitars are in the rear of the pack. Many here have allot to learn and the tunnel vision is running amuck. OBTW there is nothing wrong with buying any guitar on-line if thats what I or anyone else wants to do. I'm sorry if there was such a variance on tone in LP's then that proves my point even more.

Say what you will but a Standard, Traditional, Custom and all those re-released r-whatever versions are no better than a Studio except in bling. The tone has more to do with your body mass and amp with the actual guitar coming in a distant third. If you don't believe that then your not a musician but just a casual player who is confused.

msp_crying.gif Not funny man..... I have a cork addiction.

Archived