Gibson Brands Forums

LOUD music studio: the LOUD music festival

Thundergod

SO I've spent the last 2 months organizing a music festival for kids to play in and show how good they are at music, most of them are my pupils or attend drums, bass, guitar, singing, or music classes at my academy/studio... lots of real talent. I didn't get to video tape it, I'll wait for someone who did (there was a lot of local media coverage) to post some videos.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pics with you guys, I have to go through thousands of pictures and see which are the best, I'm uploading iphone pics only right now...

The first part of the festival was from 14:00 to 19:00 and only kid's school bands played. The second part was from 19:00 on to 24:00 and some local bands that are already locally famous played. BTW the show was organized and financed by me... down here not many people or companies put money on music, it's really sad, there's a lot of talent that gets wasted because of that, I intend to change that as the festival will be repeated year after year.

Some pics:

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

319124_10150494201201521_83101326520_11006382_533070665_n.jpg

TG you set this up, wow my respect for you just leaped to a entirely differnt level. Giving a chance to play on a stage that size and still a student shows how much you enjoy playing and helping others.

Mucho respect your way.............

On a side note thats one hell of a great looking stage; must be happy with the results personally. What feed back have you gotten from your students?

Thanks for your comment Jocko, it means a lot.

Everyone's really happy, I've received lots of calls from parents that now want to encourage their kids to play, as they realize it's not all about drugs and booze and staying out of home for days. They also realize music can be done professionally (something even now my parents refuse to believe).

My opinion is the kids played better than the guest bands that played at night, we chose a winner for best band, one for best guitar player and one for best singer, and they all got gifts and stuff, the best band will be recording the song they played next month.

All in all a great experience, everyone was really satisfied with the results.

That's really amazing that you would take the time and drop the dough on that Tgod I'm very impressed. I'm sure everyone, players and attendees alike, were really appreciative. If only there were more like you out there who would do these sort of things.

Archived