Gibson Brands Forums

We should be allowed to vote :P

Enmitygauged

I personally think there should be some sort of award for Gibson Dealers besides a sales based award (or what ever there is)

My Vote is for Derringers Music in Forestville SA Australia.

By far the best guys to see for your Gibbo set up and basically everything from full stage set up info to recording. I have spent ..... scary as it is 70 grand there in 6 years. I wont go anywhere else.

I did however venture on day in to a new Gibson Dealer here. Previously they didnt have much more than some Japanese stuff. I can say from 15 minutes of pushy *** salesman bull I will never walk back into that store.

Derringers I can walk around take a Guitar home to check out on my rig (if they know you) and discuss with them what Iam looking for without feeling like a noob.

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z386/enmitygauged/?action=view¤t=db3b322f.jpg&evt=user_media_share

plus this guy seen here setting up my DB is an amazing guitar tech.

I'd treat you well too if you gave me 70 thousand dollars.

Stand in that place when a major act is in town and just wait and see some of the most amazing guitarist in the world buying 100k collectors guitars you soon realize that what I have spent is nothing

I hate pushy salesmen, but what I hate more is aloof snobby guitar afficinados who talk down to you when you ask them a question or say something at all. I got that at a L&M here a bunch of times and they made me feel like crap for not knowing everything they did. I don't like feeling like that if I'm there to buy.

I hate pushy salesmen, but what I hate more is aloof snobby guitar afficinados who talk down to you when you ask them a question or say something at all. I got that at a L&M here a bunch of times and they made me feel like crap for not knowing everything they did. I don't like feeling like that if I'm there to buy.

That's just plain wrong. What if you were a total beginner that knew nothing...ya gotta start somewhere. thank God the staff in the Moncton L&M is not like that.

The store I go to used to have the snob guy. I walked in my first time as a teen and didnt go back for 10 years because I felt I wasnt good enough to be in there. the guy was still there but I'd lost some of the fear lol. Still I walked in and told him I was looking for a guitar. now there are two rooms of acoustics. one with $300-1000 the other with Martins taylors Gibsons matons guild and gibsons in it. Where does this fool take me. Oh yes to a $5000 gibson. Suggesting that for my style of music I should play this. (my last guitar was a $180 samick at that stage I walked out thinking nothing had changed. over the next 8 years I eventually got better and the cheaper guitars didnt cut it on stage. I never ended up with a 5k gibson acoustic but a 3k gibson will do :P

Archived