Gibson Brands Forums

Foot Pedals

kissfreakmike

To get an authentic Marshall tone pick up an old Marshall Guv'nor-the one in the metal case-they will give you anything from a clean boost to a full blown 1959 plexi at full tilt to a 50W 2204 just nicely overdriven.

My fave pedals are the Big Muff Pi,Electric Mistress,Vox wah-way better than the Cry Baby -IMHO.Also check out some of the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals.The Cool Cat Tremolo,Vibe,Chorus and Transparent Overdrive are among the best and sturdiest in the market yet they are among the cheapest.The Fulltone Clyde wah is also a fabulous pedal as is the RMC Picture Wah albeit expensive.

I built a Lovepedal Superlead clone (a copy of the old Guv'nor) and it was an awesome Marshall style distortion. It definately did not do a clean boost but it sounded great.

The Danelectro pedals are anything but the best and sturdiest.. They sound pretty good but they are literally like the lowest quality pedals you can buy. They're made out of cheap plastic so they're obviously not very sturdy. But they're kinda cool in a way.

sometimes high quality doesn't necessarily get "cool tone". Sometimes the cheap, beat up pedal made of the lowest grade components and on the verge of failure is just what the doctor ordered. :)

Those Dano pedals are more sturdy than they look, but definately a metal housing would be more durable.

sometimes high quality doesn't necessarily get "cool tone". Sometimes the cheap, beat up pedal made of the lowest grade components and on the verge of failure is just what the doctor ordered. :)

Those Dano pedals are more sturdy than they look, but definately a metal housing would be more durable.

Indeed!! I'm a fan of the BLT, but they don't last long in gigging situations.

A good Tube Screamer. TS9 or TS 808 are wonderful

MXR makes good Stereo Chorus and almost everything else really. I love MXR stuff.

You'd probably love the Visual Sound Route 808 or Double Trouble... or the Jeckyll half of the Jeckyll & Hyde or the OD side of a Route 66... they're all the same circuit - a TS-808 clone with a bass boost added to them. The Double Trouble is actually 2 TS-808's in a single housing. [thumbup]

I used to have an MXR Distortion + back in the '90's. It sounded like crap, but that's probably because I had a solid state amp. Anyone I ever knew to use one who had positive things to say was using a tube amp. Like the tubescreamer I believe this pedal was intended for use with a tube amp by the very nature of it's design.

Archived