Gibson Brands Forums

Don't Need one, but "oh well."

MissouriPicker

Yesterday morning while I was playing my Saturday morning market gig, I started talking to this old guy (well, older than me) and he said he was selling some guitars. He lived a few blocks away, so he went home and brought two of them back. I ended-up giving him two-hundred for a Blue Ridge BR40ce. Two years old and plays like warm butter. Anyway, BlueRidges can have some winners in their ranks and this sure seems like one of them. Clean construction and sweet setup (although I didn't inspect the inside for a smear of glue...lol...might have to sell it back to the dude if I ever find one)....I sure don't need another guitar at this time, but this one is sweet. Lots of volumn, plugged-in or not.

The other was an Alverez. Don't know what the model was....it was like an auditorium size. It sounded like a thousand other guitars, but the BlueRidge sounded pretty-darn good. Nothing against Alverez as a brand. I've got one their mandolins and it's kind of sweet........Been playing the BlueRidge all morning. It is very easy-on-the-fingers and the truly has lots of projection. It's going to be one of my outdoor guitars. In wet weather I'll bring the Rogue and on chilly days either the BlueRidge or the Garrison.......When I walked in the house with it, my wife started laughing........This guitar thing never ends.

The other was an Alverez. Don't know what the model was....it was like an auditorium size. It sounded like a thousand other guitars, but the BlueRidge sounded pretty-darn good. Nothing against Alverez as a brand. I've got one their mandolins and it's kind of sweet........Been playing the BlueRidge all morning. It is very easy-on-the-fingers and the truly has lots of projection. It's going to be one of my outdoor guitars. In wet weather I'll bring the Rogue and on chilly days either the BlueRidge or the Garrison.......When I walked in the house with it, my wife started laughing........This guitar thing never ends.

I know what cha mean. Im looking for another one now, I only have 13 now....LOL

13?...damnit, I've only got 11 at the moment. I've got to catch-up.......Ain't this fun?...lol..Actually, I am looking for another squareneck resonator...only got two....need at least 13...lol

I have a friend in South Carolina that has a few resonators, not sure what brand, of if square necks, but I can ask

I looking for a J 200, been wanting one for a long time and starting to get a little more serious

Congrats on the new one, MP. The Blueridge guitars look intersting. The other being an Alverez, reminded me of the first 'goodguitar' that I ever bought new!. It was a Yairi> Not just an Alverez,,,,BUT a Yairi....HaHa! Twas sometime in the 70's. Great guitar! I ended up trading it on "something" at a vintage guitar show in Baltimore??...or Annapolis??....or Philadelphia??

At any rate, the $400 figure stands in mind!??!

And BTY, I am still hungry for a roundneck resonator.. [thumbup]

13?...damnit, I've only got 11 at the moment. I've got to catch-up.......Ain't this fun?...lol..Actually, I am looking for another squareneck resonator...only got two....need at least 13...lol

Humm... Only have three but just use my H-Bird now. Just got a new set of strings installed and I'm flying in heaven with my sweet Bird [biggrin]

Archived