Gibson Brands Forums

Paul Geremia @his J35: new Live Set!

Rambler

Paul Geremia has a new CD out, a live set called Love My Stuff. Lots of vintage J35 goodness and old school 12-string. Songs by Blind Lemon, Willie McTell, Leadbelly and the man himself. Paul doesnt do a lot of releases, so get'em while they're hot. Here's a link to Paul'spage@Red House http://www.redhouserecords.com/Geremia.html .

There's also some YT clips of him playing@the RH store room. Here's one

Set List

01 - See See Rider

02 - Shuckin' Sugar Blues

03 - Mama Don't Allow No Lowdown Hangin' Around

04 - Love My Stuff

05 - Lovin' Sam (The Sheik of Alabam)

06 - Death Don't Have No Mercy

07 - Intro-Silver City Bound

08 - Silver City Bound

09 - Cocaine Princess

10 - Special Agent Blues

11 - Stomp Down Rider

12 - Dr. Jazz

13 - Where Did I Lose Your Love

14 - Intro-My Money Never Runs Out

15 - My Money Never Runs Out

16 - Lock and Key Blues

17 - Intro-Stray Dog Shuffle

18 - Stray Dog Shuffle

Went on the Fairbanks website, and the workmanship looks exquisite. Love all their shop-built jigs and fixtures. Don't quite understand his neck joint,

Dale Johnson, who builds Fairbanks (his mother's maiden name, I think) guitars is a friend. I often drop off vintage Gibsons for him to keep while he builds his versions of the same model (come to think of it, he's had my 1929 Nick Lucas for some time). He does terrific work. His neck joint is a traditional dove tail.

Here's his modern version of the 1920s Gibson L-1 next to my 1928 L-1:

finished%2012.jpg

His neck joint is a traditional dove tail.

I must have been looking at something else then, as what I saw looked like a slot in the top perpendicular to the front of the body. My mistake.

By the way, what price range are his guitars?

Nick, as Snappy points out, Dale does good work. As far as I know, Paul Geremia no longer gigs or records with his J-35s, but uses his Fairbanks instead. Dakota Dave Hull does, too.

I don't know precise numbers, but Dale is very inexpensive for a custom, hand-built guitar (think less than street price for a new Gibson).

Archived