Gibson Brands Forums

Anywere I can get a custom truss rod cover for my SG?

grandmaster

GM,

Any idea exactly what you are looking for?

A brass TRC with spooky skulls? A TRC with a catchy name or slogan? A engraved pic of my grandmother?

In the states we have Terrapin:

http://www.terrapinisland.com/chitzenitza/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=68

By the time you get it shipped overseas I'm sure it would cost a fortune.

There must be someone like them in Europe. (I'm sure if you knew you wouldn't be asking.)

I'm only posting because I need a couple of TRCs myself. From the prices I've seen, I'm thinking it could make a fun project.

I'm thinking about making the blank myself (can't be that hard) and if I want something engraved I'll take it to a jewlery shop and have it engraved.

I'll be watching to see what ideas others have.

(By the way, have you checked Ebay?)

Willy

Just be careful to research what you buy. (not really a big deal)

I bought one from one guy just to see what I would get for a couple of bucks.

It was supposed to be 2 ply. White back cut at an angle with a black top. (something like a pickguard.)

Turned out to be white plastic, painted black on top, then routed at an angle.

(buggered job as well)

Willy

Another booster for Terrapin. Quality work. As far as someone in Europe, just about any trophy shop does engraved plasitc these days. I've had several awards made recently and had no problem finding someone to laser engrave for me. Take along your original TRC to trace and you should be fine.

We can make you anything you like quite reasonably - Recently we did a custom TR cover for a Super Chet Gretsch from ebony and Mother of Pearl. It can be seen here and the original plastic cover at the bottom of the photo

6181265552_9fb8ac84c7_z.jpg

We're in the States, but shipping to the UK shouldn't be a problem.

If interested you can PM me on this board or contact my boss at info@rgmusic.com. We make quite a few custom pickguards also - most recently was for an SG and it looked great - I'll snap a pic this week and post it.

Bob

Archived