Gibson Brands Forums

Fuller's 1942/1943 Southern Jumbos!!!

GotTheSilver

I was in Fuller's Vintage Guitars in Houston last weekend looking at an array of beautiful Gibson acoustics. I mentioned to the sales guy (Sal) that I've always loved the aesthetic of the Southern Jumbo. Sal mentioned that they have ordered a special run of FVG 1942 and 1943 Southern Jumbos. They will have red spruce tops. Expected delivery is probably around February. I don't know any other specs, or what will be different between the 1942 and 1943 models, but I thought I would give a heads up to those who might be interested.

I have an '02 Fuller's '42 SJ rosewood re-issue, and it is a fine guitar for what it is. I had a very nice natural AJ at the time which I traded towards the SJ r/w; never looked back, as it "did" the rosewood round-shouldered slope with a bit more warmth than the AJ. (And I've never particularly cared for the aesthetic of the AJ...)

03GibsonSJrw.jpg

It has the usual all-too-common Gibson goofiness, as you can see here with the incorrect logo:

IMGP0107.jpg

<sigh> Fortunately, she's a great sounding guitar, so I'm not stuck on the goofy logo!

Fred

I was in Fuller's Vintage Guitars in Houston last weekend looking at an array of beautiful Gibson acoustics. I mentioned to the sales guy (Sal) that I've always loved the aesthetic of the Southern Jumbo. Sal mentioned that they have ordered a special run of FVG 1942 and 1943 Southern Jumbos. They will have red spruce tops. Expected delivery is probably around February. I don't know any other specs, or what will be different between the 1942 and 1943 models, but I thought I would give a heads up to those who might be interested.

Did they mention the price on this SJ ?

Archived