Gibson Brands Forums

NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuitarGod319

Noooo indeed... I REALLY hope it's just a mistake... because I have been saving up for the last 18 months for a SG standard.. I can't believe that SG standards won't have block inlays and pickup covers anymore. They just redesigned the site, maybe it's a mistake? or gibson is trying to save money? if so this is sad, especially considering the fact that quality is going down from year to year, this would be a real blow. can anyone confirm if this is official or a mistake?

Noooo indeed... I REALLY hope it's just a mistake... because I have been saving up for the last 18 months for a SG standard.. I can't believe that SG standards won't have block inlays and pickup covers anymore. They just redesigned the site' date=' maybe it's a mistake? or gibson is trying to save money? if so this is sad, especially considering the fact that quality is going down from year to year, this would be a real blow. can anyone confirm if this is official or a mistake? [/quote']

Just buy one from an online dealer....you might even get a deal for NOS. That's what I did in 2006.

what the hell is wrong with gibson? everytime I send a question to service@gibson.com i never get an answer, I tried from different email accounts and they never reply to my questions? what kind of service is that, on their website they say that emails are answered in one hour or less... this is ridiculous, it's very frustrating

I called gibson they said it's a mistake' date=' the guy said that it's a new website and they're working on changing a few mistakes presently. So .. the gibson sg standard didn't change, it still has trapezoid inlays and pickup covers. yay[/quote']

thank god!!!!im saving up for one now.

what the hell is wrong with gibson? everytime I send a question to service@gibson.com i never get an answer' date=' I tried from different email accounts and they never reply to my questions? what kind of service is that, on their website they say that emails are answered in one hour or less... this is ridiculous, it's very frustrating[/quote']

I always get a response from Gibson. I'll tell you a little trick, it works every time. Go to the email in your 'sent items' and sent it to them again so that they can see you've sent it before.

...if that doesn't work, than maybe it's you O:)

Tim

what the hell is wrong with gibson? everytime I send a question to service@gibson.com i never get an answer' date=' I tried from different email accounts and they never reply to my questions? what kind of service is that, on their website they say that emails are answered in one hour or less... this is ridiculous, it's very frustrating[/quote']

I Get Gibson Replies Everytime.

Call Them

...if that doesn't work' date=' than maybe it's you :D

Tim[/quote']

over the last year I sent 5 emails to gibson for different reasons.. twice with my isp's email, once with gmail, and yesterday one with hotmail and one with yahoo.. I'm always polite and I always ask normal questions, for example my 2 emails yesterday were about the mistake on the website, I asked if they changed the gibson sg standard model and I never got an answer. It's something that takes less than 1 minute to respond to. I'm 100% sure it's not me, they just ignore my questions and that pisses me off because I bought over 6000$ of gibson gear over the last 3 years and the least they could do is answer support emails

Archived