Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Recording Reissue?

spike286

Dose anyone know if Gibson will ever reissue the Les Paul recording model? I had a Les Paul personal model years ago and just loved the low impedance pick ups and always wanted to get my hands on a recording model. It would be even better if it was offered by both Gibson and Epiphone so we could have a price to fit our budget.

• 2 years later...

I just saw a picture of one in a catalog and it is the Recorder RI down to the last switch. I play with a fellow that has an original and what a fantastic sound he gets out of that guitar. I googled Gibson Recorder ReIssue and I found your post O’m gong to continue goggling until I find it. I don’t know what happened to the catalog I saw it in.

Dose anyone know if Gibson will ever reissue the Les Paul recording model? I had a Les Paul personal model years ago and just loved the low impedance pick ups and always wanted to get my hands on a recording model. It would be even better if it was offered by both Gibson and Epiphone so we could have a price to fit our budget.

A new model has recently been released mate. The new version is a kind of hybrid between Mark 1 and Mark 2. There are a couple of threads on it on here (I think in the Les Paul section).

Hello!

You can read some remarks on the Reissue in the "Vintage" section of the Forum. "Low-impedance guitars". It worth to read those, since the reissue is not quite as it is supposed to be.

Cheers... Bence

I never noticed the date when I replied...

Actually I was being serious (for once).

I don't remember Spike so would feel a bit awkward sending him/her a PM myself but if anyone reading this thread remembers the OP then it might be an idea to forward the link.

Just a thought.

P.

Archived