Gibson Brands Forums

Just got belated Christmas present, going to see " The King" tonight...

bluzhammer

Well back from the show and this is a summation of the event; Lucille has a super sick tone that I just loved, B.B. on the other hand looks to be barely hanging on. I will say that for an 86 year old man his voice is still stout and what little he did play sounded good, Sadly though he 's a shadow of former self, but I'll give him his due for still being out there doing it. Overall his band was very tight and the main guitarist was very solid.

" The King" , as in none other than B. B. himself. It's at a great venue, The Fox Theater in Atlanta. I've seen many great shows at the Fox, SRV, Kansas, Lynrd Skynrd, The Black Crowes to name a few. Really pumped for this show though.

Nice man, you'll have a good time man, he puts on an excellent show. I saw him a few years ago here in LA at the Nokia, same place I saw the Who and Willie Nelson.

PS saw Skynyrd out in the desert a few years ago too, great performance.

Well back from the show and this is a summation of the event; Lucille has a super sick tone that I just loved, B.B. on the other hand looks to be barely hanging on. I will say that for an 86 year old man his voice is still stout and what little he did play sounded good, Sadly though he 's a shadow of former self, but I'll give him his due for still being out there doing it. Overall his band was very tight and the main guitarist was very solid.

I've heard that lately his shows have become more story telling than playing the blues but BB certainly has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

Glad you had a great time.

One of my co-workers has a son that is a local radio DJ. He knows I am into guitars and Blues and invited me to go along with him to see BB one night at a hotel in Lexington. Unfortunately I had been away from work already a day or two and didn't feel I could take off early and go see BB King. I hope I don't regret that decision some day. The report from the people that went to see him was similar to yours.

I don't think it matters if a legend like BB King is playing or telling stories, he would be teaching me something and I would love every minute of his time. I will do what it takes to make time to see BB King if I ever get the opportunity again.

Archived