Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Ultra 339

kccheers

I just purchased a new Epi Ultra 339 in Pelham Blue from MF. Can you tell me the model number for the case for this guitar and possibly where to order it? MF had no idea.

Thanx in advance....Sam from KC

I had the same issue with MF - found a case at zzounds.com - $89.

Hard Case (940-E339) is Epi's # - if you search Epiphone ES 339 case it comes right up.

The Ultra ES 339 and ES 339 PRO use the same case.

That's rather disappointing to hear that MF couldn't answer your query. They should know that. BTW, I'm a newbie myself Sam, but just the same, welcome aboard.

Thanx all.....everyone seems to be out of stock for now but I signed up to be notified via email when they are back in.

I came on here to ask the same question, what case does the Epiphone 339 use. I have a Gibson ES 339. Does anyone know if the Gibson and Epiphone 339's are the same size? I'm thinking of getting the Epiphone case. The Gibson Custom shop cases are total crap.

I came on here to ask the same question, what case does the Epiphone 339 use. I have a Gibson ES 339. Does anyone know if the Gibson and Epiphone 339's are the same size? I'm thinking of getting the Epiphone case. The Gibson Custom shop cases are total crap.

[/quo

Although the Epi 339 is just a little longer in the headstock than the Gibson 339 it fits the same case

here's my Epi 339 in my Gibson 339 case BTW I have no issue with the case as compared to my others IMHO I think its a good one!

DSCF0825.jpg

Why ?

I got my 339 about a year ago, and within a few days, it had small rips in the tolex. I guess structurally, its fine, but the covering seems to be softer than the old cases. I have 6 other Gibson cases that I've not had that problem. Within a few months it looked like it was 10 years old. I'm not a working musician. The worse thing I do is rub a case up against another when I take them out of the closet I keep them in. BTW Pete, I see you have a Midtown Custom. How do you like it? It looks like a nice guitar, and the price is right. I want to try it out, but nobody close has one. Any issues with that Richlite fretboard?

What about viceversa ?

the Gibson has 17° headstock angle - while the Epi has 14°

will the Gibson fit in the (lower?) Epi-case ?

Sorry can't answer that one for you Pete L&M didn't have a case in stock for the Epi 339 was lucky just to get the guitar!

But I did maanage to order the case.

Well, the Pelham Blue Ultra 339 arrived today....and it's going back for a replacement tomorrow. MF is being great. The guitar itself is wonderful, but the fretboard has some blemishes that I just could not live with. The fit and finish of the guitar was great. The color is awesome, and mine was actually set up pretty well right out of the box. Anywho, we'll see what the replacement has to offer in a few days. I AM excited to see what comes.

Cheers from KC

Well, the Pelham Blue Ultra 339 arrived today....and it's going back for a replacement tomorrow. MF is being great. The guitar itself is wonderful, but the fretboard has some blemishes that I just could not live with. The fit and finish of the guitar was great. The color is awesome, and mine was actually set up pretty well right out of the box. Anywho, we'll see what the replacement has to offer in a few days. I AM excited to see what comes.

Cheers from KC

Hope it wasn't just some polishing compound residue like THIS, because that's easily remedied.

Hope it wasn't just some polishing compound residue like THIS, because that's easily remedied.

It wasn't that. I took some naptha and could not get the "splotchy" areas clean. It's like they masked off certain parts of the fretboard before finishing....

It wasn't that. I took some naptha and could not get the "splotchy" areas clean. It's like they masked off certain parts of the fretboard before finishing....

That's a shame, I hope your replacement is up to snuff for you.

Archived