Gibson Brands Forums

1982 Gibson Les Paul XR2

GibSinCity

Hello GibSinCity! The XR-2 Les Paul was the predecessor to the Studio model which saw light in 1983. It's new to me that it came with minis tough! Most came with Dirty Fingers.

By the way the great Steve Clark used to play one in early eighties. I really appreciate that You posted this instrument since today is the sad anniversary of His passing. He left us 21 years ago. God Bless Him! Cheers... Bence

The Les Paul XR-2 was available between 1981 to 1982. It was offered with either Super Humbucking pick-ups or Mini humbucking pick-ups. There was also an XR-1 model that came with dirty Fingers pick-ups.

The Les Paul XR-2 was available between 1981 to 1982. It was offered with either Super Humbucking pick-ups or Mini humbucking pick-ups. There was also an XR-1 model that came with dirty Fingers pick-ups.

Hello BobB! Thanks for correcting me. Everyday's a school-day. Great intruments, would be nice to see something in the price-range of Studios with minis these days! Cheers... Bence

LPXR-II.jpg

[thumbup]

Very Nice! I've never seen one here in the UK. Gorgeous finish and the mini-buckers suit that guitar to a T. Sort-of a bound body '55-'58 Special. I Like It!

BTW according to Tony Bacon's book there was also a third version available in '82 known (unsurprisingly) as the LP XR-III which seems to have been available in red-finish only.

P.

Archived