Gibson Brands Forums

Metallica Original 1980 Gibson Flying V- Lloyd Grant

GibSinCity

OK

Here's one.

Comments?

1980 Gibson Flying V, OHSC & Amp Original Metallica Lloyd Grant

"Lloyd Grant, Metallica recording artist has generously offered to list his 1980 Gibson Flying V & amp with this store .

This is not just any Flying V, it's the one he used to record "Kill 'Em All", "Hit the Lights",..."

[http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Gibson-Flying-V-OHSC-Amp-Original-Metallica-Lloyd-Grant-/260930779265?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cc0afb881

• 2 weeks later...

According to Wikipedia's Metallica page, Metallica DID credit him on the OG Metal Massacre comps that put Metallica on the map. Check for yourselves before you talk trash, even if he's trying to get crazy money for that guitar.

That is the reason I said what I said. I checked, and his story don't add up.

Specifically, he claims credit for "Master of Puppets" as well, so he makes quite a stretch from what amounts to a lead (or a couple) to being a "Metallica recording artist", and again, claiming credit for another record he was not around for.

I might sound harsh, but when you take credit for something you didn't do, you take away credit from someone.

In this case, it would imply that Metallica is wishy-washy in who they credit. Uncool when it seems they are just the opposite, as they share credit more than most when it is due.

I am only going by what I read, So I don't know the truth. I only state that his story in the ad does not jive, and metallica's history of crediting musicians does.

I can't speak to your MOP points (and frankly IDGAF, that album blows) but dude recorded with Metallica and helped put them on the map back when they still had a clue, and that's cool as fuk in my book no matter what. If you recorded with Metallica, ESPECIALLY way back when they still had a clue, ... hm ... I think you are legitimately a recording artist with Metallica no matter what (which "Metallica's history of crediting musicians jives with").

I can't speak to your MOP points (and frankly IDGAF, that album blows) but dude recorded with Metallica and helped put them on the map back when they still had a clue, and that's cool as fuk in my book no matter what. If you recorded with Metallica, ESPECIALLY way back when they still had a clue, ... hm ... I think you are legitimately a recording artist with Metallica no matter what (which "Metallica's history of crediting musicians jives with").

Mistake...I meant "KILL EM ALL" instead of "MASTER".

The EBAY ad is still up. What do you think about it? What do you think of his claims?

Mistake...I meant "KILL EM ALL" instead of "MASTER".

The EBAY ad is still up. What do you think about it? What do you think of his claims?

Hmmm..........I dunno..........I once played a Metallica C.D. on a C.D. player......I should put it up on e-bay.....:rolleyes: :unsure: [scared][blink][cool] .....

Hmmm..........I dunno..........I once played a Metallica C.D. on a C.D. player......I should put it up on e-bay.....:rolleyes: :unsure: [scared][blink][cool] .....

That's rare...most listen through file sharing. Before that, we traded tapes of demos.

BTW...have you even re-recorded a lead over a blues cover that I once played? I'm thinking I wanna cash in.

• 2 weeks later...

He did those shows in San Francisco with Metallica,at the Fillmore in December,my guess is he's probably broke and he thinks somebody will actually pay that much.

It's not like it's Hetfields original Gibson Explorer.

He did a solo on that "Metal Massacre" album for Metallica before they were "METALLICA"

Archived