Gibson Brands Forums

Duane Allman interview

Rich W

You folks who are ABB fans might want to check out this feature from GP magazine called "Guitar Player Vault"

They're trying to make some $ off back issues, and their freebie sampler this month has some good stuff about Duane and Gregg Allman. And tips about Duane's style of slide playing.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/gp_vault_201201/

You folks who are ABB fans might want to check out this feature from GP magazine called "Guitar Player Vault"

They're trying to make some $ off back issues, and their freebie sampler this month has some good stuff about Duane and Gregg Allman. And tips about Duane's style of slide playing.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/gp_vault_201201/

I got a thumbs down for posting this and I'm just curious. For future reference, is it inappropriate in this forum to mention and link to something in a guitar magazine?

I got a thumbs down for posting this and I'm just curious. For future reference, is it inappropriate in this forum to mention and link to something in a guitar magazine?

I don't know why someone gave it a thumbs down, I like the post. Thanks for sharing it. Don't let the bastards get you down!

Rich, thank you for the article. I saw the Allman Brothers in winter of 1970 along with Canned Heat, both just fine beyond words onstage. It was just a fluke that I got to see those performances, and I still feel fortunate, 42 years later, to have been in the audience. Both bands were at or near their peak, and both would shortly lose key members forever.

I have always been in awe of those who find such insight and mastery of their musical gifts so early in life. Duane Allman was one of the all time best.

Thank you again.

mark

Archived