Gibson Brands Forums

Maiden voyage with my AJ

thejtl

Some friends were having an informal hootenanny last night so I went over with my Aj. Just picked it up last week and have been chomping at the bit to get it out and play with some folks. All I can say is that guitar is amazing. So responsive. A joy to play and it really cuts. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have this guitar.

Just thought I'd share.

Some friends were having an informal hootenanny last night so I went over with my Aj. Just picked it up last week and have been chomping at the bit to get it out and play with some folks. All I can say is that guitar is amazing. So responsive. A joy to play and it really cuts. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have this guitar.

Just thought I'd share.

Lots of AJ fans here.

Congrats on the new acquisition. What kind of music do you play?

Mostly roots rock, alt.country, whatever you call it. Some Beatle-esque pop thrown in. The AJ really handled anything I asked it to do.

And one thing that I noticed that I hadn't before: The scooped out shape of the bridge really cradled the heel of my hand nicely when I was playing. Kinda nice.

Congrats on the AJ .... glad you like it 'cause it's a great model!

hootenanny ....... man I haven't heard that word in 30 years .... brings back memories of watching a black and white TV on Saturday (?) nights in the 60s thinking "hey, I might could do that".

And one thing that I noticed that I hadn't before: The scooped out shape of the bridge really cradled the heel of my hand nicely when I was playing. Kinda nice.

Very nice! For those of us that "palm" the bridge, the Gibson design is quite comfortable. Congrats on the new AJ!

Congrats on the AJ .... glad you like it 'cause it's a great model!

hootenanny ....... man I haven't heard that word in 30 years .... brings back memories of watching a black and white TV on Saturday (?) nights in the 60s thinking "hey, I might could do that".

I just can't bring myself to use the word "jam." Too many negative connotations. I'm single-handedly trying to bring hootenanny back into popular use!

Very nice! For those of us that "palm" the bridge, the Gibson design is quite comfortable. Congrats on the new AJ!

Yeah, right? It put my hand in the perfect position to strum even with the bridge side of the rosette, which is optimum.

Archived