Gibson Brands Forums

Finally .. Got My 335 Today!!!!

bluezguy

Well ... I finally got my Dot Figured Vintage Sunburst. Unflippinbelievable is all I have to say! Here I was worried about the Memphis product compared to Nashville builds I've had over the years. What an amazing sounding instrument. I'm afraid it's caused me more expense though ... I'm gonna yank the Burstbucker Pros out of my LP Standard and swap 'em with a matched set of these '57s.

Thanks for all your support and comments about this model during my 'waffling' period!

Well ... I finally got my Dot Figured Vintage Sunburst. Unflippinbelievable is all I have to say! Here I was worried about the Memphis product compared to Nashville builds I've had over the years. What an amazing sounding instrument. I'm afraid it's caused me more expense though ... I'm gonna yank the Burstbucker Pros out of my LP Standard and swap 'em with a matched set of these '57s.

Thanks for all your support and comments about this model during my 'waffling' period!

WOW! Where did you find it?

WOW! Where did you find it?

Guitar Center here in Florida. It was in their glass case collection for 6 years. It is a brand new 2006. I could not afford a dot figured for $3200 so I went to buy the regular dot re-issue for 2700. When I looked at the headstock in the glass case, on my way out of the store, I noticed the serial#. So I went back to the store manager, did a low ball offer to clear old stock, he took it and now she's mine! I got it for 100's of dollars less than the regular dot-reissue. [thumbup]

Sweet!!!! Congrat's.... thumbsup.gif

Archived